Justice Scalia: Guns May Be Regulated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys have to remember, he was being very careful about what he was saying. abajaj11 is right on point with his post here. There is a reason that these types of interviews aren't frequent, fascinating as they are.

F

fredkrueger

What is going on with the so-called conservatives in the supreme court?? First it was Obama care and now we have another supposed conservative making comments that to me sound like they are against the 2A. It is a sad truth that we as Americans must face; we are headed for even darker times then we are currently in. I just hope and pray that something is done about this before it is too late. Hopefully he was bluffing about most of the stuff he was saying about the 2A.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is going on with the so-called conservatives in the supreme court?? First it was Obama care and now we have another supposed conservative making comments that to me sound like they are against the 2A. It is a sad truth that we as Americans must face; we are headed for even darker times then we are currently in. I just hope and pray that something is done about this before it is too late. Hopefully he was bluffing about most of the stuff he was saying about the 2A.

Did you see the same interview that I did? Because it sounded to me like that in a pure constitutional context he'd judge both the NFA and AWB unconstitutional. He also appears to have a lets "wait and see" attitude as to the merits it would be argued on. It takes real humbrage to maintain discipline like that. He's one of the good ones because that's EXACTLY what a supreme court justice is supposed to do!

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Its not very often a sitting Justice makes the talk show circuit hawking his book either.

When was the last time any Supreme Court judge gave interveiws like Scalia has been. He was on Piers Morgan too.

Im still a fan of Scalia, Roberts and the rest. Them guys n girls have a tough job. I dont always agree with the decisions but the logic, reasoning, knowlege and arguments are simply amazing.

Not many people can put aside personal religious or political beliefs and come to a consensus on something subjective like social issues or laws.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That is my main concern with Obama getting elected and a third party candidate taking votes from the Republicans. Not that I think Romney would be the great middle class savior, but to keep conservative leaders of the GOP and congress happy, he'd more than likely appoint a conservative SCOTUS judge.

F

fredkrueger

Did you see the same interview that I did? Because it sounded to me like that in a pure constitutional context he'd judge both the NFA and AWB unconstitutional. He also appears to have a lets "wait and see" attitude as to the merits it would be argued on. It takes real humbrage to maintain discipline like that. He's one of the good ones because that's EXACTLY what a supreme court justice is supposed to do!
Now that I watch it over again I don't think that he wants to get any anti gun or other kind of gun legislation passed. I just think he did this to promote his book. I think that he is the best that we have right now as far as the justices go. He is hands down better than that flip flop idiot Robertson. Scalia seems to be someone that isn't afraid to go up against people. As seen by the comment he made about being in there for life and not having to worry about Obama or anyone else for the things that he says. Hopefully he won't retire anytime soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom