Kabar 1207

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
This was given to me. Quick research shows that it could be Vietnam era but we’re produced up until 1980. It’s in very good condition and if was ever sharpened, it was done by someone who knew what they were doing. Any info you guys could give is appreciated.
The pommel is missing and I would like to have it repaired.
1A2FE4DD-38B5-4F1C-8209-5F9037450D96.jpeg

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I have a serious question only because I heard it on a YouTube video once… is it pronounced “Kay-Bar” or is it pronounced “Kuhbar”?

Don’t laugh at me guys, I thought it was pronounced Kay-bar but whatever video I heard had me second guessing myself.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would say it’s been sharpened due to the contour of the cutting edge of the blade, but I agree whoever sharpened it definitely knew what they were doing.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
After closer inspection, the blade looks like it was used to do some chopping. I got the edge mostly cleaned up though. I need to get a pommel from Jantz and shape it as close to the original as possible

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a serious question only because I heard it on a YouTube video once… is it pronounced “Kay-Bar” or is it pronounced “Kuhbar”?

Don’t laugh at me guys, I thought it was pronounced Kay-bar but whatever video I heard had me second guessing myself.
Yep it’s pronounced Kay-Bar. The official knife of the Marine Corps (at least when I was with them).

Latest posts

Top Bottom