kerosene heater use.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my neighbor got one of these for his garage and it got him to his knees crawling to get out of the garage after a couple hours in there.
He then gave it to me.
It claimed safe for indoor use Mr. Heater.
With low oxygen safety system.
I just want for every one to be safe.

My friend when he was young had no working heater in his home and his mom left the gas stove on.
In the middle of the knight he woke up with a pounding headache and could not stand and crawled out the front door and regained his strength and back inside he went and shut the stove off and get everyone out of bed and make sure they were still alive.

Close call.
Flame will burn up all the oxygen.
Tight house even better for low oxygen.
View attachment 327938
Yes, did something similar. Built an off grid cabin myself.....sealed it very tight. Woke up one night with similar symptons. The wood burning stove had burned up all the Oxygen. After that close call I installed a fresh air intake that pipes in from the outside. It was equipped for this to be done. In my wisdom I didn't do it until forced.

Beau

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would only put jetA in a kerosene heater if it was all I had available. Kerosene doesn't smell nearly as bad as jet A. I have a 215,000btu heater in my hanger to keep warm. Diesel and Jet A are smokey and stink. I would never put diesel in one. Penley Oil in okc off Reno has a pump for kerosene. It's about 1/2 the price you pay at home depot or tractor supply. Just bring your own container.

Latest posts

Top Bottom