KFC for a limited time only, who’s in?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some places have good service and some don't. We ate at Los Mariachis in Glenpool right before Christmas, me and about 19 other family members, about half of whom were 12 years old or under. The girl who waited on us got a little help from other staff occasionally, but she mostly handled our table herself, and at least two other tables she was serving. The food got out reasonably quick for a large table, and not one single order was wrong. At least 2-3 of us told her manager what a great job she did. Service is usually pretty good there, but she was amazing.

True. I suspect where we live (metro area) is as much the problem as anything else.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I eat there on occasion but it's not nuggets, sandwiches or anything else. Chicken in the bucket. But if they get any smaller with their birds they are going to have to rename to KFE (Kentucky Fried Eggs). Same goes for the rotisserie at WM. Tiny azz birds, I've had quail almost as big.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
KFC has been No bueno for many years. When they first opened, in Ponca back in the late 60's the broasted chicken was pretty good. Wife was ill last year and got a craving for some KFC.
It had to be a bante chicken they put in our go box. The legs were like drumette's and the breasts tiny. Plus, they had the taste of old cooking oil. Real old.

RedHawk357Mag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a kid, KFC was my celebration place. Birthday, another year of school advancement, or something along those lines. I absolutely loved the chicken and slaw. Duncan KFC cured me of ever wanting KFC. If you ever come across a place Called Pizza Ranch, go in and have some of that chicken. Or if in Frontnac Kansas, get you some of that Chicken Mary's or Chicken Annie's.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a kid, KFC was my celebration place. Birthday, another year of school advancement, or something along those lines. I absolutely loved the chicken and slaw. Duncan KFC cured me of ever wanting KFC. If you ever come across a place Called Pizza Ranch, go in and have some of that chicken. Or if in Frontnac Kansas, get you some of that Chicken Mary's or Chicken Annie's.

One of my old classmates used to run that KFC. Y'all have me wondering whatever became of him. Lol

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want a good rotisserie chicken, get one at Sam's Club if you belong. They're inexpensive, big, tasty, and no MSG. Between the two of us, we end up with three meals apiece(a leg, then a thigh, then a slice of breast). The remainder we strip off the carcass and use it to make a nice creamy soup with a bunch of other fixin's.

Good stuff -and yeah, I'll say it - cheap! :rubhands:

Woody

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want a good rotisserie chicken, get one at Sam's Club if you belong. They're inexpensive, big, tasty, and no MSG. Between the two of us, we end up with three meals apiece(a leg, then a thigh, then a slice of breast). The remainder we strip off the carcass and use it to make a nice creamy soup with a bunch of other fixin's.

Good stuff -and yeah, I'll say it - cheap! :rubhands:

Woody

Yep. The soup or dumplings from the carcass is better than the original chicken and mashed potatoes if you ask me.

Dammit ... I was gonna stay home today. I "might" need to run up to Sam's for a chicken though. Now. Thanks. Lol

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taco Bueno's improvements is what made their food go down hill! Who makes tortilla chips from flour? Taco Bueno does.

And if you saw the employees at the local KFC outside the front door sitting on the stoop smoking cigarettes or vaping, you would never stop there. Total disgust.
Actually, tortilla chips can be made from either … wait for it … flour tortillas or corn tortillas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom