Kimber comes through

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm curious as to why the night sights on your CDP Pro were getting dim. My Pro Elite is a predecessor to the CDP, and my original night sights are as bright as the day I got it.

When cleaning, do you make sure you get any gunk off the sights?

Not sure why they got dim, but they were practically out. Yes, I take care when cleaning them but Kimber said they only last 10-12 years. Maybe some of them aren't as strong as others (?) Maybe the tritium was some faulty Russian tritium or something :)

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure why they got dim, but they were practically out. Yes, I take care when cleaning them but Kimber said they only last 10-12 years. Maybe some of them aren't as strong as others (?) Maybe the tritium was some faulty Russian triyium or something :)

That's odd. But, it's good to see Kimber replacing them. Thanks for the info.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure why they got dim, but they were practically out. Yes, I take care when cleaning them but Kimber said they only last 10-12 years. Maybe some of them aren't as strong as others (?) Maybe the tritium was some faulty Russian tritium or something :)

Tritium (H3) has a half life of approximately 12 years. Like any other radioactive element it continuously decays. If a sight is brand new, made with fresh tritium, it will illuminate longer. Trijicon marks the year of manufacture so you know what you are getting. Meprolight puts a date on the packaging which I am told that it doesn't mean anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom