Freaking Ford Dealership. ^%$$@#@@!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JokerofDeath

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most all dealerships are terrible. So is the auto industry in general. Dealers are required to service the vehicles they sell, but they seldom make money on service, so everything is bottom shelf. This includes pay for their techs, so they’re always understaffed. Most of the time with warranty work, they front the costs to repair your vehicle and fight the automaker for reimbursement later on, which can be a hassle. Rather than take one for their customer, they often pass the frustrations on instead. They are rarely going to side with you on something that may or may not be a fault of the vehicle as too many warranty claims for reimbursement will draw the attention of the automaker. Roughly 10 years ago I heard Chrysler was even incentivizing shops who had the least amount of claims. Would explain the issues I encountered trying to get my Jeep sorted out.

This is all part of the reason dealer servicing is so expensive in general. They have high overhead and low profit margarines, so they pass that on to you. It’s partially the fault of the dealers, partially the automakers, but ultimately it’s us who has to suffer.

I buy exclusively gently used Lexus these days, due to my experience with domestic brands. Firstly, they are very reliable in general, but the times they do need work, I can bring it to Lexus while under warranty and it’s all but hassle free. Because they’re so reliable, the dealers aren’t doing many warranty claims, thus they are more likely to cover things that are on the edge of fault. They also do not fight as hard as other brands due to the mark up you pay for the luxury Toyota in the first place, it helps spread the cost the dealer incurs for service. A special thanks to you folks who buy these things new, 🤙🏻.

An added benefit is for the times it does need non warranty work, I can bring it to a Toyota dealer, including for oil changes to spare some cost.

Thankfully, because they’re so well built, in the last 5 years, I’ve only had to have warranty work once, and it was fully covered including a rental. My issue was an intermittent, but annoying one, and I only had to push slightly after they first said just wait and see, and they caved and replaced $3500 worth of parts. Mind you, this was 8 months before the warranty expired, with 55k on it. I feel confident they would have covered the AC issue OP is facing as well.
Eskridge Lexus can suck it too! I hate that place

JamesBell

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i have been a Ford guy my entire life. Bought one when I turned 16 and have stuck with them since. An OKC dealer has ensured that my current truck will be the last Ford I ever buy.

I bought the truck used when you couldn’t find vehicles. It was the last model year (2019) but had less than 5000 miles. Got it home and about a week later noticed the seat heater didn’t work. I called and made an appointment for 3-4 days later. Dropped the truck off and was told it would be ready that afternoon. I went to pick it up and the truck was not only not ready, it hadn’t moved. They told me to call in the morning. That continued for five days until they had it ready. Was diagnosed as needing a new heat element- they’d let me know when it came in. And the wait began. That fall I discovered that when in 4wd there is a horrific noise from something in suspension when turning. Loud clicks and knocking. I called and they told me to bring it in. During that visit I inquired about the parts for the west heater. My service advisor was out so some other guy looked. The reason i had been waiting six months is because the parts were never ordered. Promised they were ordered and said I should just have them look at the front end later when they fixed the seat. I agreed and left. Three months later they called and said they had the parts. I dropped the truck off and got a call that afternoon. I was shocked it was timely. Got the call because they ordered the wrong parts. Picked the truck up and went about my business. Later noticed they’d done nothing to the front end. I called again when I was approaching the end of the 36000 mile warranty. Was told not to worry about it, they’d fix it under warranty since it was reported. Great! Finally they had the parts and I dropped the truck off. Got a call that there was no problem with the element, it was a programming issue and was fixed. I went to pick it up and they told me I hadn’t signed the paperwork for them to diagnose the suspension issue so they didn’t look at it and ensured that I knew it wouldn’t be repaired under warranty. I had some choice words for them and left. Turned on the seat heater to see and it worked. Then next morning was cool so i turned it on again. Nothing. I’m called and was told they wouldn’t correct it under warranty since mine had expired. Talked to managers, corporate, and nothing.

Seat heaters aren’t important. Despite the horrific noise the 4 wheel drive works when I need it to. Not the end of the world. But they ensured I buy a Toyota next time.

JokerofDeath

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have been a Ford guy my entire life. Bought one when I turned 16 and have stuck with them since. An OKC dealer has ensured that my current truck will be the last Ford I ever buy.

I bought the truck used when you couldn’t find vehicles. It was the last model year (2019) but had less than 5000 miles. Got it home and about a week later noticed the seat heater didn’t work. I called and made an appointment for 3-4 days later. Dropped the truck off and was told it would be ready that afternoon. I went to pick it up and the truck was not only not ready, it hadn’t moved. They told me to call in the morning. That continued for five days until they had it ready. Was diagnosed as needing a new heat element- they’d let me know when it came in. And the wait began. That fall I discovered that when in 4wd there is a horrific noise from something in suspension when turning. Loud clicks and knocking. I called and they told me to bring it in. During that visit I inquired about the parts for the west heater. My service advisor was out so some other guy looked. The reason i had been waiting six months is because the parts were never ordered. Promised they were ordered and said I should just have them look at the front end later when they fixed the seat. I agreed and left. Three months later they called and said they had the parts. I dropped the truck off and got a call that afternoon. I was shocked it was timely. Got the call because they ordered the wrong parts. Picked the truck up and went about my business. Later noticed they’d done nothing to the front end. I called again when I was approaching the end of the 36000 mile warranty. Was told not to worry about it, they’d fix it under warranty since it was reported. Great! Finally they had the parts and I dropped the truck off. Got a call that there was no problem with the element, it was a programming issue and was fixed. I went to pick it up and they told me I hadn’t signed the paperwork for them to diagnose the suspension issue so they didn’t look at it and ensured that I knew it wouldn’t be repaired under warranty. I had some choice words for them and left. Turned on the seat heater to see and it worked. Then next morning was cool so i turned it on again. Nothing. I’m called and was told they wouldn’t correct it under warranty since mine had expired. Talked to managers, corporate, and nothing.

Seat heaters aren’t important. Despite the horrific noise the 4 wheel drive works when I need it to. Not the end of the world. But they ensured I buy a Toyota next time.
I was a Chevy guy all my life until I bought a 2014 Silverado and It spent more time in the shop than on the road, switched to Ford and have been happy with the truck…I’d love a tacoma but I just can’t get over how “intimate” the interior is and a tundra is out of the question, I don’t know a person who owns or has owned one that didn’t constantly complain about the horrendous fuel mileage. Maybe I could convince my wife to get a 4runner when she decided to get rid of her Subaru.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom