Freaking Ford Dealership. ^%$$@#@@!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
I won't name the dealership...Yet.
Wife's Explorer was due for an oil change/service and her AC had just quit working. *expletive deleted*ck.
Car is still under warranty and she insisted on the extended service plan.
She scheduled the service appointment for the oil change and asked that the AC be checked out while it was in there. 2 week wait on service appointment.
Took it in yesterday for the 8:00 AM appointment. Right off the bat they had a $160 diagnostic fee for the AC on the paperwork. I commented that it was still under warranty and the service plan. Service advisor said oops my bad.
We left the car there and Went about our business. About 2:00pm I hadn't heard anything so I contacted them. I was told that they were tracing a Freon leak and might need to keep it overnight. So far no biggie. About 11:00 AM this morning I contacted them again for an update. They had found "impact damage" on the condenser, NOT covered under warranty $2200 dollars to repair, *expletive deleted*ck me!
After my initial shock I contacted my insurance agent, covered under comprehensive less deductible. so $500 vice $2200. Better but still sucks.

Went in this afternoon and brought it home since it will take a few days to get the insurance claim sorted out.

They never changed the *expletive deleted*ing oil.

:censored::censored::censored:

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had similar experiences. Took a friends car in under warranty for transmission problem, made an appointment 3 months in advance, drop it off on Thursday, told them we needed to pick up on Saturday after the diagnostic. Fast forward to Saturday, can’t get ahold of anyone except a salesman(service had already left without calling) salesman finds the car and tells my friend it’s on schedule to be looked at on Tuesday!! We failed to see the reason to make the appointment in advance if it meant nothing!

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An all too common story. My auto shop (not a dealer) complains about being short staffed every time I have a service appointment. Last repair took 3 trips to resolve at least it was on last Friday pending that pesky service engine symbol coming back on. Never in and out on the same day even with an appointment in advance. Covid? Lazy entitled work force? Something else?

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Other than this, what is the beef with the dealership?
That ought to be enough but I'm also skeptical of the "damage" but can't prove anything. Had issues with them 2 years ago when the day after I drove it off the lot new it started popping codes for the airbag system and it sat on their lot for 5+ weeks waiting for parts. It took me going public and taking my complaints to their facebook page after 2 weeks of getting smoke blown up my butt before they even considered offering me a loaner. The only reason I took it back to them was that they are quite a bit closer than the next dealership.

Latest posts

Top Bottom