Kimber K6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone ever shot a S&W 327 Night Guard and the K6 also? I know the 327 is a N frame, but it’s also the only revolver I’ve ever shot, besides the 325 NG - out of probably a dozen - that points naturally for me. Every revolver I ever brought up from low ready to firing stance would be off by an inch to a country mile before I corrected, while the NG is right on target with no adjustments needed. It also points better than most semi-auto’s I’ve tried. So I was wondering how the K6 would point compared to the NG series.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned many, many Kimbers. Only real problem I had was on one of the LAPD guns (forget what it was called) and it was because the finish was so slick. It was hard to rack the slide. Every Kimber 1911 I've had has been completely reliable.

I had a Kimber Warrior that was, in my opinion, the best 1911 I've had, for the money. And I've had some nice 1911 pistols. I gave it to my son when he was awarded a Bronze Star after Fallujah.

I've been tempted a few times to pick up one of these. I just don't do much with revolvers so I never have. Glad to hear such a positive report.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone ever shot a S&W 327 Night Guard and the K6 also? I know the 327 is a N frame, but it’s also the only revolver I’ve ever shot, besides the 325 NG - out of probably a dozen - that points naturally for me. Every revolver I ever brought up from low ready to firing stance would be off by an inch to a country mile before I corrected, while the NG is right on target with no adjustments needed. It also points better than most semi-auto’s I’ve tried. So I was wondering how the K6 would point compared to the NG series.
I’ve got a 329 NG, and I like it really well but really have no practical use for it. The K6 “points“ well for me.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
explain. do you have personal experiences with kimber being unreliable?
It’s common knowledge that Kimber has historically had some quality control issues, but of the several 1911’s that I’ve had and now the K6, my Kimber experience has been great. I’m following a thread on another board about a QC issue with a K6, and it’s to the point that Kimber can’t fix it and is going to have to replace the gun.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s common knowledge that Kimber has historically had some quality control issues, but of the several 1911’s that I’ve had and now the K6, my Kimber experience has been great. I’m following a thread on another board about a QC issue with a K6, and it’s to the point that Kimber can’t fix it and is going to have to replace the gun.

What is the QC issue?

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first handgun purchase was a Kimber Ultra CDP 45, my pocket gun is a Kimber Raptor380....have never regretted either of these purchases.....no issues, and very handsome to look at. My other EDC choice (depending on clothing, etc. ) is the Hellcat RDP in 9mm. This is becoming my favorite only due to the red dot and 15rd magazine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom