Kitty Cats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've only had one cat that would do something in command, she woud sit up and beg on command. She was kicked out of the cat union.
Th funniest hing I ever saw a cat do was a 9 mo.old male that spotted a deer about 100 yds away. He flattened himself down and started creeping toward it, intending to go for the kill. Got about 10 yards before the deer ran off. He was obviously disappointed.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have 5 cats and they are all rescues. One was declawed by someone, and she stays in my mancave with me because one of the other females tears into her if she gets a chance. She never goes outside. She will walk up to me while I'm at my desk and tap me on the let whenever I let her food run out If she is laying on my desk and wants to get down, she will get up and look down near my feet to let me know to turn sideways so she can step on my thigh to step down to the floor. One of the two males goes out whenever he lets us know he needs to. The rest of them only go out when we can keep an eye on them. If they get out of sight usually, they will come back when we call their names. If they don't come back my wife has a handheld taser that makes a loud clicking noise. They will about knock us down to get in the house if they hear that taser. My wife swears she has never used it on any of them. The other day I couldn't find one of the males and had been calling his name. I went in and got the taser. About that time, he showed back up to the patio, and he saw that taser in my hand and ran into the house. She has really got them trained. We have had a few dogs but, the cats are more entertaining to me.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes they can, my cats know words like 'treat time", and "what the HELL are you doing"? lol
I used the old style wood mouse traps on my counters to teach them that was a land mine zone, so stay away. Set 3 of them in line across a counter about 1 foot apart and if they jump up and even bump one, it trips and flips tripping the next one causing a lot of loud unexpected surprises. I never saw it happen but I can imagine how fast they jumped down and ran. Next morning I knew after seeing the tripped traps.
After using these for a few weeks, they dont get up on my kitchen counters LOL

What kind of cats do y'all have anyway?? I, literally, have NEVER had a cat get up on a counter uninvited. Seriously. Must be some kind of genetic mumbo-jumbo I inherited from my dad because I never saw a cat of his get up on any counter either. Well unless he tapped the counter and said "Com'on, you know what to do ..."

Latest posts

Top Bottom