Knows-it-all

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, this guy is Michael, and he’s originally from south Louisiana. EVERY SINGLE PERSON I’ve ever known from south Louisiana has been a know it all. If you’ve done it, they’ve done it bigger, better, and know more about it. Michael wants us to be friends, but I can’t stand to be around him more than about 10 minutes at a time and find myself avoiding him. The problem is he lives a half mile north of me. :rolleyes2
Its not just La i worked with guy from Mass and he was like that, no matter what you did or said he would have something to say but the funny part was i often times would show him up cause he wouldnt do the work he was told to do because he didnt know how when it came down to it and i would get sent out to do it later. One time we got into a arguement over raising cattle and just because his in laws couldnt make money doing it he said it was crazy for anyone to even try but come to find out his in laws owned 100 acres with only 20 acres in grass and the rest in timber and they was trying to run 40 cows on it and make money and he got offense about it he jumped up and was going to swing at me till other co workers got inbetween us and prevented it he came mighty close to losing his job that day cause the boss was sitting right next to me.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its not just La i worked with guy from Mass and he was like that, no matter what you did or said he would have something to say but the funny part was i often times would show him up cause he wouldnt do the work he was told to do because he didnt know how when it came down to it and i would get sent out to do it later. One time we got into a arguement over raising cattle and just because his in laws couldnt make money doing it he said it was crazy for anyone to even try but come to find out his in laws owned 100 acres with only 20 acres in grass and the rest in timber and they was trying to run 40 cows on it and make money and he got offense about it he jumped up and was going to swing at me till other co workers got inbetween us and prevented it he came mighty close to losing his job that day cause the boss was sitting right next to me.
Interesting you bring up the cattle business, because what I’m doing for Michael is trying reclaim some cut over land to grow grass for his cows. He bought a 70 acre place with a house about this time last year and paid over $700k, and his intention is for his 25+/- head of registered Angus cows to pay for it. There’s a lot of problems with his plan, but the main one he’s facing right now is that it hasn’t rained a drop here in over a month. He’s already had to sell off a few cows and calves and is trying to borrow against his 401k. I know way too much about the guy’s personal business, because he way overshares.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, this guy is Michael, and he’s originally from south Louisiana. EVERY SINGLE PERSON I’ve ever known from south Louisiana has been a know it all. If you’ve done it, they’ve done it bigger, better, and know more about it. Michael wants us to be friends, but I can’t stand to be around him more than about 10 minutes at a time and find myself avoiding him. The problem is he lives a half mile north of me. :rolleyes2
wait for a strong wind out of the south . Burn some brush

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wait for a south wind. Burn some brush
About a month ago I made a couple big brush piles on Michael’s place, and I told him it was too dry to burn them. The county wasn’t in a burn ban at that point, but it was still way too dry to be burning. About 8:45 that night, he sends me a text of one of the brush piles blazing, and about 15 minutes later, he calls me to tell me flaming ash is going everywhere and wants to know what to do. I told him he could either babysit the fire and make sure it didn’t spread or call the volunteer fire department to put it out. He had several people in our little community do drive bys to see who the idiot was burning, but no one called in on him. He ended up staying with the fire, and it didn’t get out but told me he wasn’t burning another one.
71090699069__B82E5345-51CB-4C15-A6D4-1503F75C5D8D.fullsizerender.jpeg

IMG_9304.jpeg

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up with a know-it-all - my older brother. He was pretty much a straight A student all through school and carried a high average through many years of college (probably would have been a 4.0 student if it wasn't for Lib professors refusing to give him the grades he deserved). He's a lawyer now (graduated law school after he turned 40). Due to all the schooling he's had he knows something about almost everything...
Was his name Sheldon?

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About a month ago I made a couple big brush piles on Michael’s place, and I told him it was too dry to burn them. The county wasn’t in a burn ban at that point, but it was still way too dry to be burning. About 8:45 that night, he sends me a text of one of the brush piles blazing, and about 15 minutes later, he calls me to tell me flaming ash is going everywhere and wants to know what to do. I told him he could either babysit the fire and make sure it didn’t spread or call the volunteer fire department to put it out. He had several people in our little community do drive bys to see who the idiot was burning, but no one called in on him. He ended up staying with the fire, and it didn’t get out but told me he wasn’t burning another one.
View attachment 403277
View attachment 403278

You have a “stay away” neighbor. Best to Heed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom