KOCO 5 report on new handgun law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took my class and waited for a looooong time before I applied. My hesitation was caused by the "outing" of lists of CCL holders in other states. I understand it's public information for anyone to look up. I DO NOT like being on a list associated with firearms for personal reasons. It's nobody's business as far as I'm concerned.
Oklahoma's list of SDA permit holders has been PRIVATE to LE ONLY for Official Purposes since Day One. It is NOT public information and never has been.

Last edited:

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just saw Jessica Shambach report . . . Then she says that the training certificate expires every three years. That previously they didn't expire. . . .

That is correct that now training certificates now do sunset after three years. What that means is that you have three years to apply for a license after taking the training class.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took my class and waited for a looooong time before I applied. My hesitation was caused by the "outing" of lists of CCL holders in other states. I understand it's public information for anyone to look up. I DO NOT like being on a list associated with firearms for personal reasons. It's nobody's business as far as I'm concerned.

In OK, the SDA states that records are available upon request to Law Enforcement only.

TITLE 21 § 1290.13 AUTOMATIC LISTING OF LICENSES
The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation shall maintain an automated listing of all persons issued a handgun
license in this state pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act and all subsequent suspended or revoked
licenses. Information from the automated listing shall only be available to a law enforcement officer or law enforcement
agency upon request for law enforcement purposes. The Bureau shall also maintain for each applicant the original
application or a copy of the original application form and any subsequent renewal application forms together with the
photographs, fingerprints and other pertinent information on the applicant which shall be confidential, except to law
enforcement officers or law enforcement agencies in the performance of their duties.

Latest posts

Top Bottom