Ladies makin' lumber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love to have that saw mill. I have enough walnut on the place to pay for it and have money left over.
Those things are in demand. A couple of years ago, my dad bought a mobile sawmill that had been in a fire (I think he traded some hay for it, which was ironic, as the sawmill had been parked in a hay barn when it burned down). I and my brother thought it was junk, and he should've just run it across the scales, but he wanted another project to add to the list.

After he passed, somebody saw it from the road and asked my mom if it was for sale, so she called me. I figured it was worth scrap prices (I mean, it had very obviously been through a fire), so maybe a few hundred bucks, but I told her to call the guy from whom my dad had gotten it. He was still in the sawmill game, and he posted it for sale in a Facebook group for sawmillers(?), and sold it for her, as-is, where-is, for a few thousand bucks. The guy who bought it said it was a little rougher than he'd expected, but he could still make it work.

The selling price shocked the hell out of me and my brother, and it was a nice little windfall for my mom.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love to have that saw mill. I have enough walnut on the place to pay for it and have money left over.
There's a kid out of Edmond on Facebook that bought a LT40 Wide diesel with all the hydraulic gizmos. He sold a standard LT40 gas but still paid about 40k for the new one. He specializes in walnut. He paid cash for his new one. He's killing it!

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's a kid out of Edmond on Facebook that bought a LT40 Wide diesel with all the hydraulic gizmos. He sold a standard LT40 gas but still paid about 40k for the new one. He specializes in walnut. He paid cash for his new one. He's killing it!
If you are talking about Zachary Wicks, I've bought Walnut from him. Nice guy and even nicer product.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Edmond? Are there large enough stands of mature walnut in that area to support a $70K sawmill, or is he importing the wood from someplace like Missouri?

Latest posts

Top Bottom