Ladies makin' lumber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Edmond? Are there large enough stands of mature walnut in that area to support a $70K sawmill, or is he importing the wood from someplace like Missouri?
There’s quite a bit of big walnut in the creek beds and river valleys around here. More available towards the NE, though for sure.

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's fun to watch people work who are good at what they do. I don't know squat about lumber, but I could get a lawn chair and watch these ladies for a while.
I don't know how smart it is to have long hair loose around machinery, but I can look past it.

WHAT... No Gloves? Where is OSHA?

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WHAT... No Gloves? Where is OSHA?
1662648899680.png

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Loggers from Missouri come to Oklahoma to harvest walnut.
We had a crew logging for most of the summer last year all around us.

Interesting. I’ve gotten walnut lumber from a sawyer in SW Missouri, who gets his lumber from the immediate area. He’s got a LOT of lumber, too.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Edmond? Are there large enough stands of mature walnut in that area to support a $70K sawmill, or is he importing the wood from someplace like Missouri?
He was working with developers when they clear site to build subdivisons. He pulls his mill out there and cranks it up to mill onsite. Pretty sweet gig.

He also does "urban" milling which a lot of sawmills won't touch because there's almost always metal in urban trees.

Latest posts

Top Bottom