Ladies makin' lumber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting. I’ve gotten walnut lumber from a sawyer in SW Missouri, who gets his lumber from the immediate area. He’s got a LOT of lumber, too.
I know a carpenter who needed, IIRC, 14' walnut planks for some big tables he was making, and he had to go to Kentucky to get them. He said he could get them up to 12' long in Oklahoma all day long, but anything longer involved a road trip.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry your are mistaken. I went back and watched the entire video againg. Not one gal is wearing gloves!

I saw a bit of another episode where one of them explained why they don’t wear gloves. Seemed like weak reasoning, from what I can recall.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know a carpenter who needed, IIRC, 14' walnut planks for some big tables he was making, and he had to go to Kentucky to get them. He said he could get them up to 12' long in Oklahoma all day long, but anything longer involved a road trip.
LOL, he hasn't been to my yard.
We have two walnut trees that two people can't reach around with over 20' to the first crotch. The crew in here in the past offered a pretty good sum of money but the shade they offer is worth more than their offer in the long run.
Nasty trees as far as the nuts they drop and the sticks later that clog our clog proof gutter drains.
Any seller that tells you they have clog proof gutter drains are lying.
We learned to not pick up the nuts, let the critters take care of it. They will have it cleaned up by spring.

Latest posts

Top Bottom