Lady gun shopping - a wife's challenge, a husband's torment - long

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My wife I went to Wilshire where she could try out a few pistols for her to carry.
She tried 5 and between the Glocks (26,43) and the XD, she liked the Ruger SR9C and the Sig P938. Both shot well and felt good in the hand.

Good write-up on your adventure.

Thanks, I still need to check out the Glock 26 and the Sig P938. Did your wife settle on one?

Last edited:

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife has had no trouble at all out of her XD Sub. As a matter of fact, she can out shoot me some days (not often, but it has happened).

I wish you luck in your quest. Keep shooting. Practice, practice, practice!

Reaction score
The wife has had no trouble at all out of her XD Sub. As a matter of fact, she can out shoot me some days (not often, but it has happened).

I wish you luck in your quest. Keep shooting. Practice, practice, practice!

At this point, the XD Sub is one I am considering but am worried it might be heavier than I want. Does she CC it and, if so, by purse, fanny pack, holster or something else?

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At this point, the XD Sub is one I am considering but am worried it might be heavier than I want. Does she CC it and, if so, by purse, fanny pack, holster or something else?

She does and switches back and fourth with her s&w bodyguard 380 depending on what purse or if she uses holster or what have you. I told her to get an ankle holster for the 380 and carry both! She didnt go for that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom