Land in Talihina...seems cheap?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the wife and I worked for the OSBI, she occasionally had to travel to the regional offices for routine IT maintenance and upgrades. The agents asked her once if she could carry while going down into SE Oklahoma. When she told them that she couldn't, they told her to travel ONLY in the daytime and stay on the MAIN ROADS.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drove through to head over to hot springs with the wife. Didn't stop so wouldn't know. But I would imagine that posting active firing range signs on the edge of the land along with a motion sensor and a recording of gunfire would probably drive a point home. And actually utilizing it in such of way from time to time would guarantee it.

As far as water and electricity as long as you can get a vehicle in it would be a minimal issue. Solar panels and a wind turbine or two would generate enough to have a basic off grid experience. And once a well is drilled the simple solution for water is an above or in ground cistern with a simple wind powered pump to fill it and a 12V pump just like in an RV.

The only real issue I would see is access to the land but if you have an area that is land locked and you can make a decent deal with the neighbors you can figure the access out. My only other issue would be decent internet access. I do too much online and some of that requires a RTT less than a satellite can provide.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many friends and relatives in SE Oklahoma since I grew up in LeFlore County and my wife in Talihina. Still go there every chance I get and would live there if my wife hadn't become a city girl. With common sense never had a problem. Many of the stories from down there are perpetuated by the locals (to keep the city warriors away.)

outdare

New to the site!
Reaction score
I have some land in Honobia. I have never had any issues but my family has been living in the valley since the 60's. I will also concur that Texans are buying land in SE OK. Land prices here in Texas are nuts.
You have to watch out for logging roads. From my experience they are private roads and logging companies have been cracking down on trespassing. At least in my area.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some land in Honobia. I have never had any issues but my family has been living in the valley since the 60's. I will also concur that Texans are buying land in SE OK. Land prices here in Texas are nuts.
You have to watch out for logging roads. From my experience they are private roads and logging companies have been cracking down on trespassing. At least in my area.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
Welcome to OSA!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have access to 600+ acres down there for free...so maybe I should just make better use of it than worrying about owning some. Seems win/win.

You should spank your self for not taking advantage of free access to some good hunting land.(we don't need a video)
More Boone and Crockett bucks are taken from SE Ok than any other region.

Latest posts

Top Bottom