Lawn mower for RickN.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s a fun fact! Yesterday before this fundraiser actually became officially happening we had members saying they’d throw in x amount. I started making a list to gauge if buying Rick a mower by a fundraiser was possible. Well the fact of the matter is that every single member who talked about pitching in DID IT once it was actually time to do so! OSA ain’t just talking about it! They bein about it!
Amen!!!!!!

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Two options on the table for Rick; get a mower that he can use or hire a lawn service. Both have their good and bad points - so I offer a third option!

Let's find out if Rick knows someone like a neighbor or a high-school kid willing to mow his lawn using Ricks (new) mower for a reasonable price (NOT AN ESTABLISHED SERVICE which can be expensive and iffy).

With the balance at hand we can still get Rick a decent riding mower to use on those days that he feels like mowing himself (certain amount of pride in doing it yourself) AND he has the option of hiring a local high-school kid (who wants the job but doesn't have a mower) on those days Rick isn't up to it.

Not only would this give Rick himself the option of getting out and mowing or having someone else do it, BUT, it would also give someone working for college (or a car) a chance to earn some money and some responsibility.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Two options on the table for Rick; get a mower that he can use or hire a lawn service. Both have their good and bad points - so I offer a third option!

Let's find out if Rick knows someone like a neighbor or a high-school kid willing to mow his lawn using Ricks (new) mower for a reasonable price (NOT AN ESTABLISHED SERVICE which can be expensive and iffy).

With the balance at hand we can still get Rick a decent riding mower to use on those days that he feels like mowing himself (certain amount of pride in doing it yourself) AND he has the option of hiring a local kid (who wants the job but doesn't have a mower) on those days Rick isn't up to it.
There is only 1 option, Rick said what he wants in a previous post today. He wants to mow it himself, with a 30" craftsman or similar, rear motor and rear bagger.
So thats what hes getting.
Its no longer up for debate, with all due respect, more debate only means more headaches for me and a slower process.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@RickN

Interested in one of these? Another member mention it to me. It doesnt bag, but...

View attachment 391412
Certainly would be a lot easier to climb on and off than that Craftsman or any type with a fixed steering wheel in front. Looks more stable (in turns) also 👍

Latest posts

Top Bottom