Legal Advise for an employee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSPANIER

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a long term employee that needs a bit of help. I normally stay out of employees personal lives but this guy deserves some help!

1. His mother died three years ago. She left her home to her mother who then gave it to him She was a small business owner. Yesterday his dead mothers corporation received a letter with a final notice back tax bill for the corporation in the amount of $6000.00. His mothers estate hired a law firm to find all of her debts after she passed away. I am unsure if they were given the name of his mothers corporation. Is his house in danger?

2: His VISA debit card had charges totaling $8000.00 charged to them. This not only drained his checking but also his savings since it was set up for overdraft. His Credit Union has Told him that they have turned it over to Visa and they notified the police and now they just have to wait for Visa's insurance company. This sounds like total BS. I think he's getting the run around. My understanding is that he should have filed the police report and given a copy to his Credit Union. Then under the Visa card holder agreement the c/u would have to put the money back.

Any attorneys that can help me help this guy. I'm really not interested in general opinions. Id rather hard facts.

Last edited:

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree, contact an Attorney.

His bank should be able to tell him where the charges came from. Unfortunately this may lead to a Bankruptcy situation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom