LEO Off-Duty Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a police chief, sometimes I wear a uniform and sometimes I wear plain clothes. Still on duty either way. While it may be accpetable for me to openly carry in plain clothes I do not believe it is a very smart thing to do. You just set yourself up to be a target, draw way too much unnecessary attention, and get criticized by both antigunners and jealous ccw holders who want to carry openly.
Oklahoma law says it is unlawful to be in the possession of a firearm while under the influence of alcohol, just like it is illegal to drive a car under the influence. I do not go to bars. I do go to restaurants that serve alcohol and see no problem with a LEO carrying in these establishments as long as he is not otherwise violating the law.
Also, if I am outside my jurisdiction and an active shooter enters the room, how many citizens would really believe I should not take action since I am not on-duty and out of my territory?

Latest posts

Top Bottom