Lets fantasize.... What if?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's see. 21 years old. Good job (= good pay and something I like). Currently have plenty of spending money.

I would stay in the job and continue to make money. Being single with plenty of expendable cash would allow me to buy the things I like and travel to places I want to see and explore. With a good job at this age it allows me to keep the cash coming in, contribute more to my retirement than a married guy with family, accumulate more vacation days the longer I am employed at said job. I would also invest in residential rental income properties with the intent of retiring at 40years old while living off the rental income.

OR,

Feel free to flame me on this but I would get as much cash as possible and pack my bags and head to Alaska to make a run at becoming the next Tony Beets. Yea, I know, the odds of making a living out of mining are slim but I think it would be fun to give it a shot.

centraloklahoma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buy 40 acres that has great water resources and will allow for a partial earth home (Into a hill type design) to be built on it in the future. Plant 200 pecan, 200 apple, and 200 pear trees on it.

Fast forward 20 years and the wife and kids will appreciate it, maybe.

centraloklahoma

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lived it. Did a lot of traveling, moved every year at week 53, bought guns and ammo, had lots of sexy time... Became so accustom to it, never stopped... Haven't regretted it at age 30, though now I'm starting to think I'm gonna need some kids

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd get a non-military career that would allow me to travel the world. I'd sock back enough money to buy a decent house on a chunk of land outright before I came back.

BigD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was fresh out of A&P school. Probably should have went contracting over seas for two years, come home and build a house on about 50 acres and pay cash for it.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I had to do it all over again i'd go back to when i was 21 and tell me then gf to get freakin lost. Shoulda stuck with the one i was seeing in glenpool that had money but sadly passed away. Hindsight is always 20/20. And I'd spend more time with my grandpa.

jhunt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What if you just turned 21, single, no significant other, good job, spending cash.

If this was your start, what would you do with your life?

Stay in the job, get one out there on the edge?

You haven't met your current spouse, you didn't already have kids. Your future was looking at you square in the eyes. What do you wish you would have done?

Lets have fun with this one, but you can be serious too.:scratch:

I would have gone active duty instead of starting out in the National Guard where now it's like getting congress to realize how stupid their anti-gun leg. is to go active duty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom