Lets fantasize.... What if?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oklaccer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would do what I have already done. Since I was old enough to look up and see the contrails in the sky, I wanted to be a pilot, so that's what I did. Finished college the easy way to get a degree. Navy flight training, fly my choice of Naval aircraft, T-28, T-2, TA-4J, A-7E. Travel to Hawaii, Philippines, Kenya, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Hong Kong, Canada. Met a wonderful woman, married and had a son. One change, she was taken by cancer when our son was 8, that sucked, still miss her. Yesterday was 21 years since she passed on. Flew for a growing regional airline, now the boss at a corporate flight department. Gave my life to Christ, should have done it much earlier. Married again, now with a daughter that is currently 9 going on 16, and a wife that is ?? going on 16. So the bottom line is that I have basically lived my dream. Life is good, God is Great.

PAINT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny you started this, I'm 21 and in that exact situation right now. Don't have a magical answer though. Just gonna work hard, impress my bosses, finish school, buy a house, and find me a very attractive women with a love for The Lord.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well met my wife and was married at 20. However going back. we would have definitely saved more $, bough houses in CA before the real estate boom then sold them like crazy for crazy profits. Would have went to college sooner, and did so without loans, no credit card balances, less new cars, bought everything cash. Other than that....no regrets.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If this is me being 21 and knowing what I know now, I most likely would have taken that guy up on his offer to be a partner in his illegal marijuana business. I know that sounds bad, but that guy ended up with almost $150K after 5 years of business. He never got busted. But no like some schmuck I followed the rules and became an upstanding member of society. *sigh*

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If this is me being 21 and knowing what I know now, I most likely would have taken that guy up on his offer to be a partner in his illegal marijuana business. I know that sounds bad, but that guy ended up with almost $150K after 5 years of business. He never got busted. But no like some schmuck I followed the rules and became an upstanding member of society. *sigh*

Risk prison for 30k per year? No thanks.

I'm 24 right now. I have a bachelors degree, I've done more traveling than most, I had a blast in college, and have made lifelong friends. I'm still working my longterm career goals out, but right now I can pay my bills, take my girlfriend out, and enjoy my hobbies. So far so good.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Risk prison for 30k per year? No thanks.

I'm 24 right now. I have a bachelors degree, I've done more traveling than most, I had a blast in college, and have made lifelong friends. I'm still working my longterm career goals out, but right now I can pay my bills, take my girlfriend out, and enjoy my hobbies. So far so good.

that was $150k cash after living expenses, but I see (as I did then) where you're coming from

Latest posts

Top Bottom