Let's say I lost a $6000 piece of testing equipment.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually lost a handheld computer that we use here at the gas company one time and had to tell my boss about it. I just knew I was gonna get wrote up because it’s policy. When I called him he said “ I’m not saying a word”’. 😂!! I about had a heart attack!! Man he was such a great boss. And a great guy too. Had I of been a bad worker, he wouldn’t have done that for me.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been trying for 10 years to get fired. Even requesting it, and yet I'm still here.
I know (well, used to know, RIP) someone in that same boat. Couldn't stand the job he was doing or the place he was living, and the company kept laying off people, so he asked his boss (more than once, IIRC) to be in the next round of layoffs. The boss kept not laying him off because he was too good at his job, so he eventually had to quit.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting update...Received an email from R&D that stated "We had break in, and your testing equipment was stolen at that time.

Funny thing is, the break in happened three weeks after they lost the piece of equipment. This guy is a highly educated person. Why would he stick his neck and make this claim?

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting update...Received an email from R&D that stated "We had break in, and your testing equipment was stolen at that time.

Funny thing is, the break in happened three weeks after they lost the piece of equipment. This guy is a highly educated person. Why would he stick his neck and make this claim?

Someone's covering for someone. But at least in the process they are covering you too.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know (well, used to know, RIP) someone in that same boat. Couldn't stand the job he was doing or the place he was living, and the company kept laying off people, so he asked his boss (more than once, IIRC) to be in the next round of layoffs. The boss kept not laying him off because he was too good at his job, so he eventually had to quit.
I have 8 more years. I don't know if my body can take it though. I could retire at 62 and draw off my other pension at that time. I'm going look into how much other pension will be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom