Let's say I lost a $6000 piece of testing equipment.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not juicing anything in my post. I shipped a piece of testing equipment to my corporate office in Austin, for repair. I have a signed and confirmed receipt of receival of package. Corporate is saying they can't find it. Too bad! I have proof via signature and personal receiver that it was received.
It's probably on the dock in S&R kicked into a corner or on some new engineers desk and he has no idea WTF he's sposed to do. I've seen it happen before.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's probably on the dock in S&R kicked into a corner or on some new engineers desk and he has no idea WTF he's sposed to do. I've seen it happen before.
My bosses are reluctant to press the issue. Me? Not so much. I tried calling the head of R&D and got the quick send to voicemail. My next option is calling or emailing the CEO. I don't want to do that due to the chain of command.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've spoken to the person that received the package and hand walked it to the department that is responsible for the repairs.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Happens all the time with offshore stuff. As long as you got everything signed and sealed you are fine! If they terminate, it's wrongful and you get a BIG settlement. You got all you need to CYA!
Exactly. When I made a transition from a Maintenance electronic tech, to a purchasing agent for that department, we ordered a spindle for an MC-5H Okuma machining center. It was sitting on the dock for shipment from Japan when an earthquake hit. It still resides at the bottom of the ocean.
They covered it and a year later the spindle came in a year after it was initially ordered.
The delay cost the company many thousands of dollars though that was never recovered with two years of an idle machine tool.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need to send them a personal itemized bill for waisted time.
Most Corporations use WO#'s, PO#'s or both for charging out cost. If you have proof it was sent and recieved and you keep getting the run around. Find a way to get WO# or PO# and charge the cost of equipment and your time back to R&D dept. I have done this in a similar situation, by the time they caught it the books were closed for the physical year. I had the equipment replaced at their expense. They wasn't happy but my district manager couldn't quit laughing that I got one over on them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom