Let's see all the Target/Sniper bolt-actions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AresV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, at the risk of not making a new thread to answer this and possibly hijacking this one:

WTF is so great about Knight's Armament?!? I see their stuff all over the place and they ask and arm and both legs for it! Is there some sort of special mojo in every gun that guarantees each round will find it's mark, even if you're pointing in a completely different direction?

Seriously, what gives with all the KAC worship?

(and no, this isn't directed at RobC only, it's rampant on ARFcom)

RobC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With me it is mostly a joke. Although I do like KAC equipment for its own merit. I also like it because of the fascinating history behind the company and its owners and designers. Other bonus is being able to own relatively rare and unknown stuff designed and made by a manufacturer that had been there and done that for decades before most other military contractors had even gotten into the game. I'm really looking forward to my SR-15 and NT4 because I can bypass Colt and AAC and the drama associated with both companies and still have a top-of-the-line rifle and suppressor.

Google C. Reed Knight if you want some interesting reading.

Rob

AresV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With me it is mostly a joke. Although I do like KAC equipment for its own merit. I also like it because of the fascinating history behind the company and its owners and designers. Other bonus is being able to own relatively rare and unknown stuff designed and made by a manufacturer that had been there and done that for decades before most other military contractors had even gotten into the game. I'm really looking forward to my SR-15 and NT4 because I can bypass Colt and AAC and the drama associated with both companies and still have a top-of-the-line rifle and suppressor.

Google C. Reed Knight if you want some interesting reading.

Rob

Gotcha. I just don't understand $4500+ for their version of the AR10 when I could send my DPMS AP4 to GAP and have them trick it out for far less and end up with a much better final product.

What is the drama with AAC? I guess I am not up on the suppressor manufacturer back stories...

The NT4 is sexy. IMO, Noveske's are worth the slight premium they ask for based on their QC and features included on them. Now if they started charging $4K for them...well then I guess KAC would have some competition in the uber-expensive AR market.

RobC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you look at everything that SR-15 E3 IWS provides, then price out bringing a 6920 to the same specs, the price is comparable. In the end, the Colt can't have some of the features that the KAC has, such as ambidextrous bolt stop and magazine release, integral sling mounts in the lower, the E3 bolt, and a cold hammer forged barrel.

With their other rifles, you are paying for limited supply, rarity, and the ability to have the same equipment that gets shipped to the military. In the case of some of the older SR25/MK11s, you can get the real thing that has been shipped back to KAC after deployment for trade in. I'm not sure what those were being sold for, but the last MK11 kit that I saw with all of the matched accessories and matching suppressor went for about $16,000.

Rob

cowboyshooter21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've posted this before but i think the title of this thread deserves a re-post :thumb:

Attachments

• DSCN1731.jpg
    DSCN1731.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 394

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Top rifle is a Rem 700 .308 win. match chamber, Hart 1-12 #6, McMillan A-2,Seekins base & rings, Leupy MK IV 3.5x10x40 TMR M3.
Rem. 700 280 ack.imp, Greek Vanaidis barrel, HS prec. stock, Badger base & rings, Leupy 4.5x14x40 30mm w/ side par. VH ret.
My son's super blaster!

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Top rifle is a Rem 700 .308 win. match chamber, Hart 1-12 #6, McMillan A-2,Seekins base & rings, Leupy MK IV 3.5x10x40 TMR M3.
Rem. 700 280 ack.imp, Greek Vanaidis barrel, HS prec. stock, Badger base & rings, Leupy 4.5x14x40 30mm w/ side par. VH ret.
My son's super blaster!
That .280 Ackley is pure sex :thumb:

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a new (to me) target rifle...
"Vostok" CM-2, Made in USSR
ai210.photobucket.com_albums_bb95_mr_0uija_toys_cm2_cm202.jpg

Its a fixer-upper but it already can shoot well, so the hard part is already done.

When are you leaving for Korea? I want to go out to the range with you and try out your CM-2 and your Biathalon so I can make up my mind on which one to get. I'm envious of your collection of 22's!

Latest posts

Top Bottom