Let's see your Home Theater/Media/TV room...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in the process of building a house...wife let me convert the formal dining into a tv/media room....It's not gonna be huge or anything...about 11' x 13', wondered if anybody on here has a room like that, I need some ideas on how to set it up...I have the TV and electronics already, just can't decide on colors and how to decorate.

BamaAlum97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The biggest thing is to make sure the seating is appropritately spaced from the screen. I have a 92" screen and if you sit too close it can be awkward to watch.

Be careful about putting too much on the walls...You don't want anything that can rattle or vibrate too much...All of my speakers (except the sub) are flush mounted into the walls and I have nothing hanging on the walls.

If you have windows in your room, black them out or cover them up as much as possible...if the lights are out, you want the room to be as dark as possible.

Avoid the "Theater" style seats that a lot of places will try and sell you...invest in a couple of good leather recliners and you will better off...

Latest posts

Top Bottom