Life time License Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never got a reply so I'll ask again. Does anyone think that there is even a small chance that TLs could be canceled. As in, state needs funding and no longer honors them?

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't believe that would ever happen. No chance in hell.
As I understand it:
The wildlife department is a self sustaining organization funded by the license fees of the people that take advantage of it.
They receive no money from the state.
Funding is from license holders and the Pittman-Robertson act that puts a tax on sporting goods, and is distributed to the states.
The legacy permit fee is rat holed to purchase additional hunting and fishing properties.
The Life time license, as stated previously in this same thread is put into a fund where none of the money paid by the sportsmen and sportswomen has ever been spent. It goes into an interest bearing fund and the proceeds are used to purchase new land, etc.
If you can afford a lifetime, its the best thing that can be done as it continues to contribute long after you quit hunting or die.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis - You are 100% correct. I confirmed today what you said with a high level person in the administration. The legislature cannot grab the money out of the ODWC license fund because it would be unconstitutional and ODWC would sue to get it returned.

papal

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Worth every penny....got mine several years ago so i'm just now at the point of technical "payoff". Paid $775 for the combo hunting/fishing. It's so nice to just be able to drop a line anywhere public fishing is allowed, plus not having to buy tags or decide (monetarily) whether to get a buck & doe tags or just one for each season.

Just make the decision not to buy another gun until you get your LTL if you ain't got one. Believe me it'll make that next hunting/fishing purchase that much sweeter.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Worth every penny....got mine several years ago so i'm just now at the point of technical "payoff". Paid $775 for the combo hunting/fishing. It's so nice to just be able to drop a line anywhere public fishing is allowed, plus not having to buy tags or decide (monetarily) whether to get a buck & doe tags or just one for each season.

Just make the decision not to buy another gun until you get your LTL if you ain't got one. Believe me it'll make that next hunting/fishing purchase that much sweeter.

Amen, brother!

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want one but I have never gotten one..... I hunt my own property and no license or tags are needed to hunt or trap your own property....

Someday I would like to get one but I just get fishing every year.... Kinda hoping they would lower the price a little they did that once before.... lowered the price back down to $325.00 for a combo license, it was only for a few months to generate activity and I missed it I was out of the country....
but still got my fingers crossed....

Latest posts

Top Bottom