Lighter/firestarter thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Zippo.....I pulled out the inside and replaced it with a drop in torch/jet lighter.

Zippo...Japanese made Zippo.....fancy engraving and carving....not for use....just look at them. Collectibles!!!

Xikar.....my main lighter for cigars.

Little fancier.......Dunhill & Davidoff.....they're too pretty to use.

Cohiba

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a prometheus cigar lighter with a hole cutter built into the bottom. Bought it like 10 years ago and it's never skipped a beat. Great torch flame and beautiful gun metal finish.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My only problem with zippos are 1) they leak, and 2) is used to light a cigar they can make the first few puffs taste like kerosine.

I will let others here suggest good torch lighters, but aside from those... I like the plain ol' Bic:

abadbreeders.net_wp_content_uploads_Bic_Lighter_04826_bs.jpg

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JB you elitist you.

I like Bics myself and have them everywhere. They serve me well in most of the conditions I encounter; I back them up with strike anywhere matches and a Sweedish Firesteel when in the woods and never feel underfired here in the lowlands.

Zippos are cool for town and play, but they stink too much for hunting and whatnot.

Goethe's final words...."more lighters...." FACT

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More light.

<<<<<----Is like 97% sure it was "more lighters". Goethe was notorious for always losing his lighters and his sunglasses and he liked to have a goodly amount of each stockpiled at all times.

I wouldn't have typed FACT if I had more than 3% doubt. I don't want to make a big deal of this, but I won't be patronized, ignenrt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom