Lighter/firestarter thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your a strange man, ignernt...but it also a big one to admit when you're wrong.

I wouldn't mind a survival type lighter myself. I'll watch this thread and try not to defile it any more than I have.

jhawknokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like being "rugged" with a flint, but am too lazy to rub two sticks. I keep the flint with me at all times hunting, but also keep matches and a lighter. The problem with lighters is, when it's super cold outside. I like to either get the NATO matches, or just get regular matches, and dip them in candle wax to waterproof them. The hardest part is not getting a flame, it's keeping it going. With all of these, I take lint and cotton balls. They take a flame easy. If you've never built a fire from just a basic flint though, give it try. Don't want to get in a survival situation and not know what good stage 1, 2, and 3 tindling is to use for it.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
steel wool and and 9 volt battery make a great firestarter...tear apart the steel wool and touch the battery to it and you have and instant birdsnest of fire.

just don't store them in the same pocket together

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my good buds has this Japanese Zippo....one just like it.
aep_yimg_com_ca_I_yhst_44485741807856_2158_19300503_.gif

I'm looking at buying these:
aep_yimg_com_ca_I_yhst_44485741807856_2158_15261710_.gif

aep_yimg_com_ca_I_yhst_44485741807856_2158_17019457_.gif

I know...I know................these are more "Foo Foo" than what the original poster is looking for.

**Just showing a few things I collect!!

Cohiba

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

I buy these when they are 2 for $5.00 and got lucky last time they had 2 free minis in each one. So that was 20 Bic lighters and 8 minis for $10.84 with tax.

I rarely use a lighter, so I'm thinking I am covered when the SHTF for at least 10 years. By then the little guy on the left can take up firemaking.

Good luck on your Quest for Fire

Latest posts

Top Bottom