Lighter/firestarter thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will let others here suggest good torch lighters, but aside from those... I like the plain ol' Bic:

abadbreeders.net_wp_content_uploads_Bic_Lighter_04826_bs.jpg

FTW simple, cheap, and works!

Rugerlab45

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Windmill Stormproof makes a great survival lighter. Pretty much wind-proof, burns Crack Lighter hot, and is pretty heavily built. I back it up with my RAT fire kit, which stores 5 or 6 Tinder-Quick's (and a quality button compass) in the handle.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Windmill Stormproof makes a great survival lighter. Pretty much wind-proof, burns Crack Lighter hot, and is pretty heavily built. I back it up with my RAT fire kit, which stores 5 or 6 Tinder-Quick's (and a quality button compass) in the handle.

I will second the Windmill lighters but I can't say if they are crack lighter hot or not.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Those are coooool!! Anyplace locally that sells them??

I want one.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It takes a special lighter for crack or am I just ignorant towards survival lighters and not catching the termonology? (serious question)

BICs are cheap and dependable as long as they aren't soaked or cold, but they survive falls, washers, dryers, they get their arses handed to them and still come back for more. Clipper brand lighters, too. Scriptos suck.

I bought a BlastMatch a couple of years ago when they were on sale at Midway/CTD/somewhere for like $10 or $12 or whatever. I played with it when I first got it, but lost it somewhere during my move, so I can't vouch for its durability and dependability out in the elements.

Latest posts

Top Bottom