Lincoln County Ticket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So....weird thing happened to me.

My wife gets a call/voicemail from a lady stating "I" (me), have an unpaid ticket from back in April 2014, in Lincoln county, for doing 85 in a 75. $349.50. I need to pay the said amount by 6 pm THIS evening, or they are filing for a bench warrant, and they are coming to arrest me this evening. Wife calls me, tells me all this, so I call the lady. Tells me she is Karen Wilson with Global Finance. She gives me my drivers license number, and it verifies, along with my address, but she doesn't have vehicle information on what I was driving. It was around 5:30-5:45pm when I'm talking to her, so I have literally just 15 minutes to decide weather to pay her, as fishy as it sounds.

She gives me the ticket number in question, the phone number to the Lincoln County Court Clerk office, so I go ahead and pay her, lord knows I don't want to be arrested...again.

Here's the fishy thing, I got the ticket on Wednesday, Apr 9th...but I was in school/class. How was I in Lincoln county while my happy ass was sitting in class? So, I've already paid at this point, I couldn't call the county clerk's office as it was past 5 and they were closed. So I Google the company the lady said she worked for "Global Finance", out of Midwest City, OK. Lots of BAD **** came up when googling the company name. So I called and disputed charges on the debit card as fraud, got all my cards cancelled and all that fun jazz.

So, first thing in the morning, I'm going to call Lincoln County, see if it's true and what I was supposedly driving, and see if I'm dealing with fraud, or identity theft. Then I guess it's time to file a police report, either way, as I have attendance records to back me up.

I haven't had a ticket in years that I can remember, but I guess someone threatening that they were going to come haul my ass off to jail made me cave a bit.

Has anyone every had a "collection agency" call them about an unpaid ticket before?

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never slept in a Holiday Inn Express, and local gubermints do strange stuff these days to raise revenues…but this sounds suspicious as heck to me.

YMMV.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never slept in a Holiday Inn Express, and local gubermints do strange stuff these days to raise revenues…but this sounds suspicious as heck to me.

YMMV.

Yeah, there's no telling these days who is using a collection agency. I've always received a letter though if I had ever forgotten to pay a ticket. And not 5 months after the fact.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wife got a bill the other day from Texas on a toll booth fee she went thru back in 2010 she wasnt going to pay it til i explained it to her that she either pays or the next time she is in Texas they will imbound her car no matter where she is, and they was using some kind of collection agency.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wife got a bill the other day from Texas on a toll booth fee she went thru back in 2010 she wasnt going to pay it til i explained it to her that she either pays or the next time she is in Texas they will imbound her car no matter where she is, and they was using some kind of collection agency.

No collection agency, they just got a data dump from the Oklahoma Tax Commission.
http://ksn.com/2014/09/14/dated-electronic-tolls-from-texas-turnpike-cross-state-borders/

Maybe they did it on their new-fangled SFT platform...

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a lawyer from komiforma, send me a letter saying i had violated a patent and that i owed a $1000 patent infringe judgement??
And the police would be over promptly tomorrow to arrest me???

How did she know when ...tomorrow was????

Sent her a letter ..saying this was my final offer...IF she sent me another letter

I was gonna throw it away with the other one...;(

never heard anything else... ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom