List of EOs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

Cause of gun violence = violent person picking up a gun.

Next question.

jcole1272

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The most politically contentious piece of the package is Obama's call for a renewed ban on military-style assault weapons, a move that Republicans who control the House of Representatives are expected to oppose.

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does "16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes." effect a change in legislation. My understanding was that the provision within the bill specifically precluded anyone from being authorized to collect that information:

‘(2) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION.-None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that
Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used for the collection of any information relating to

Maybe it's just me, but being asked if I have it is a form of collecting the data, and the EO authorizing it is in direct violation of the act. Also within the act, we are not compelled to answer, but I think this portion of it is more to the point.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

Cause of gun violence = violent person picking up a gun.

Next question.

If only they'd reference the CDCs findings on gun laws. They couldn't find a single demographic where gun laws made a significant impact.

Latest posts

Top Bottom