LNL powder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

impalaSS

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I purchased some varget powder to reload 223 and 308 but it dosent meter very well in my hornady LNL auto powder measure. Seems like the grains are to big and get hung up for a second. The powder will still drop but sometimes it will push the 223 case necks in from the pressure of getting the powder to drop. Wanting to go to AA2230 for my 223 have anyone had this problem with 2230 in the LNL press?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2230 will meter just fine. I didn't use it when I had my LNL, but I've used it on other measures and it runs great. No worrys, and it's a pretty good powder for .223, that's what it was designed for. :thumb:

impalaSS

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
One more question where do you OKC guys buy AA2230 at locally? I normally purchase powder from Gene Sears but they don't carry Accurate brand. I am looking for an 8lb container. Does powder valley do any of the local gun shows? Because they definatly have the best price.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
One more question where do you OKC guys buy AA2230 at locally? I normally purchase powder from Gene Sears but they don't carry Accurate brand. I am looking for an 8lb container. Does powder valley do any of the local gun shows? Because they definatly have the best price.

I think they come to Tulsa twice a year and will bring your stuff with them.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya PV does come to the Wannenmacher show in less than a month. Give them a call and see if they will bring it with them for you as an already paid order or something. They ususally end up selling out of the most popular stuff at the show and not sure if they bring everything with them... obviously they can't replicate the whole store. They usually setup down on the lower level towards around the NE corner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom