Local FFL ruins Christmas for my son **RANT**

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe I'm seeing all of these excuses being made for the seller and gun shop. You must be a bunch of 'millennials' lol!

Christmas at my house is December 24th/25th. We get together, eat good food, and share gifts. If I step out and spend a chunk of cash and go through the emotions of getting something I think is a special gift for my son, giving it to him at the Christmas event is part of the package. If a derelict at the gunshop I carefully selected to help me out based on positive reviews on OSA blows my plan and becomes unavailable, my Christmas day/gift is ruined. Oh, here's that gun I bought you a week later isn't really the same.

I have to go to Christmas dinner with my MIL tomorrow night but for me, Christmas is over, so whatever, it won't feel like Christmas dinner, I already had those. She could have come but you know, didn't feel well. (typical)

I'm planning my New Year's party and wrapping my son's new Marlin 60 for his b-day next weekend. Fortunately I already have it. It just wouldn't be the same if I had to give it to him on like, Jan. 13th or something.

I'm with the OP. Sorry they screwed up your experience. Sounds like a cool gift and gesture on your part. Of course, he'll still dig the gun but I'm totally on your side.

Blaming the shop for not getting the paperwork done on an item that needs to have ffl transfer papers on both ends as well as being shipped across state lines that was purchased at the last minute, from what I can tell, Wednesday before christmas.... that right there is "millennial" thinking.

The buyer should have taken care of business earlier and not expected a Christmas miracle.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking if having something ABSOLUTELY 100% FOR SURE WITHOUT FAIL on CHRISTMAS DAY is a necessity... then planning ahead would be a good idea.

Again... I am NOT making excuses for the gun shop. If they said they would do it and they didn't, then fine, they screwed up and dropped the ball. But GD, man, if you're seriously that pissed about it that CHRISTMAS IS RUINED (OH NOES!!!), then you have to take some accountability for waiting until what, 4-5 days before on an item as mentioned above, needs federally-mandated paperwork filled out on both ends, records kept, special shipping, etc., then sometimes it's not gonna work out.

Or get something else on Amazon Prime - they nearly always make it on time.

I'm sorry it didn't work out, and the gun shop surely dropped the ball, yes. But wow... why act like they walked into your house and literally stole presents out from under your tree, kicked your dog, ate Santa's cookies and laughed on their way out the door.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WTF is all this... "millennial" thinking talk? lol... Seems half of you have no clue what that really means and are just arbitrarily throwing out the label. It was like the neckbeard label last year.

Either way, there are two ways to look at this.... regardless of how long someone waited to do this.... when a businessman states his word he should stand by it.

On the other hand I've dealt with enough FFLs and out of state purchases to know that there are only a few FFLs I know that I'd trust to get me something before Christmas within two weeks out. I'd almost never expect it so I'd make sure I'd do it at least a month out.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the OP contacted the local FFL and said local FFL said they would send it then it's done via fax, That takes just a few minutes, Next the "seller" gets the FFL and Payment from Buyer then packs it and puts it in the mail via USPS, FedEx or UPS, ALL handguns must be sent overnight or 2nd day, ( no exceptions) which should have made it to the local FFL in plenty of time before Christmas according to the time OP contacted local FFL in his first post, With all that being said I have to agree with OP and say the FFL is totally responsible. Whether it ruined Christmas or not I don't know but it would have pissed me off as well.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
seems to me worst case scenario an employee failed to jump through his ass to complete a last minute transaction and therefore didn't earn the $10 fee they charge for said transactions. I use to think mustang pawn and gun was crazy for charging $50 for a transfer but nowadays I completely understand it

Latest posts

Top Bottom