Local FFL ruins Christmas for my son **RANT**

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Josh catches hell. S4F is back at defending his business model of, your lucky I opened a store and allow to buy from me.

Last I checked, when S4F gives someone his word, he backs it up. S4F was selling $100 Mega lowers to guys on this board when they were going for 5-10 times more when the shootings happened. Didn't see any other vendor on this board, nor Oklahoma, for that matter, do this. All we got was an explanation from a vendor in OKC that was trying to justify the increases citing distributor price increases, which was shown to be BS.

I don't know about Josh, rather I have no knowledge, nor the true situation here, like so many apparently do. Honestly, I can see both sides.

Last edited:

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Josh catches hell. S4F is back at defending his business model of, your lucky I opened a store and allow to buy from me.

Thats correct. I even have it documented in a business plan. We offer discounts to little people, you should come see us.

Edited to change midget to little people to protect the feels of the politically correct.

Last edited:

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Man I told myself I wouldn't chime in but...

1. We talk about accountability, but the ball dropped by the buyer. Wouldn't you think that if it was that important to you, you would do some follow up? Meaning he said he would send it over within an hour, call the seller 90 minutes later to make sure they received it. If no answer or unclear, call the sender and verify that they sent it. The fact that the timeline is so tight and required multiple people to take swift action, the buyer should have been more proactive to make sure everything went through as it needed. A couple quick phone calls at the right time could have prevented this or alerted you to the fact that you should look at your backup plan.

2. How do we KNOW SGG never sent it? Because have a seller that said so? Maybe it was sent and the seller dropped the ball and lied? Maybe the fax was sent and it got clustered in with other paperwork? Maybe it was sent to a wrong number? It's irresponsible for the seller to say it was never sent as opposed to never received. Plenty of things could have happened.

3. Who the hell uses fax anymore? Email that ****. It's been a year or so since I had to do an FFL transfer, but Reddog just emailed his FFL info and CC'd me to it. It's a much easier way to track, manage, and prove that it was sent.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something is fishy here. If we're talking about SSG or SSP they've always emailed the seller their FFL while I was still on the phone with them. "What's the email address you want it sent to?" (keyboard clicking....) "Ok, it's sent." Easy.
If for some reason it had to be faxed, (which doesn't make sense because an online seller surely has an email address) then maybe it was forgotten and a simple mistake.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
3. Who the hell uses fax anymore? Email that ****. It's been a year or so since I had to do an FFL transfer, but Reddog just emailed his FFL info and CC'd me to it. It's a much easier way to track, manage, and prove that it was sent.

This. Patrick is awesome.

Latest posts

Top Bottom