LoneWolf'49

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wow, LoneWolf'49 was such a pillar of this community. We have sure lost some great ones lately....

I met Paul in person a couple years ago. I had talked to him after I found out my Garand had a bolt that was supposed to have been pulled due to a heat treat issue. We chatted on the phone for quite a while. My wife and I met him on our next trip to OKC where he gave me a new bolt. I just chatted with him the other day about a 357 sig pistol and ammo. He was a wealth of information about Garands and M1A's

RIP sir, we are diminished.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I, too, never met the man, but I always enjoyed his posts. I have little doubt that he went to bed happy, and awoke this morning in a better place. My condolences to, and my prayers for, his friends and family at this difficult time. He will be missed here.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I met Paul when Scott drug me up to H&H to try out some guns. Scott was nagging at me about getting a gun of my own ... It was obvious when we got up to the counter that 1. Scott had talked to Paul about what a hard sell I was turning out to be; and 2. my displeasure about spending a morning at the gun range showed on my face. :lookaroun

Paul took great pains to make me feel comfortable. In fact, his exact words were "My, you don't look like this is where you want to be" and winked at Scott. After that every time he saw me he gave me grief about not knowing what was good for me ... :P He didn't get his "Old Grumpy" monniker for nuthin' ... :wink2:

Later, after H&H hired me, I showed up to work one Saturday and when Paul saw me he said "What are you doing with that shirt on??" I told him I worked there (like he didn't know already ... :rolleyes2 to which he promptly replied "You can't work here. I don't like you." :rotflmao: Before I left their employ I was working every weekend not because I like working weekends but because I enjoyed Paul ... And Paul only worked on the weekends. He and I used to make fun of ALL you goobers ... just so you know ... :naughty: :rotflmao:

Honestly, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do without his e-mails and PMs ... and his music videos that he never did figure out how to embed ...

There was a period of time in my life where I didn't talk to anyone for weeks on end but Paul never let me shut him out. He called every single day to see how I was. Every. Single. Day. Other folks just faded away from my life during that time, but not Paul. He told me later he just wasn't gonna let me do that to myself. I am gonna miss him more than I've ever missed any other person on this planet. And for someone who doesn't let herself get attached to other people, THAT is a testament to his heart ... and his stubbornness ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom