Long term prep for chronic illness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope possession of marijuana is legal in time to prep.

While I'm not or really never was a big fan of cannabis, I do see it as being beneficial in a SHTF type scenario. Whether it is for pain relief, nausea, nerves, or whatever... It's easy to propagate and storage wouldn't be a problem. Another big plus is that you aren't going to OD on It like many other substitutes. While I guess it is possible to grow poppy and harvest the opium, I imagine it isn't the easiest thing to do.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope possession of marijuana is legal in time to prep.

While I'm not or really never was a big fan of cannabis, I do see it as being beneficial in a SHTF type scenario. Whether it is for pain relief, nausea, nerves, or whatever... It's easy to propagate and storage wouldn't be a problem. Another big plus is that you aren't going to OD on It like many other substitutes. While I guess it is possible to grow poppy and harvest the opium, I imagine it isn't the easiest thing to do.

..... And NO, we're NOT going to have a practical application on this subject at the camp out. sorry.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

..... And NO, we're NOT going to have a practical application on this subject at the camp out. sorry.

Such a Debby Downer ... :wink2:

A serious question: I have heard about smoking pot for glaucoma but does it really relieve pain for other things?

All I know is that for the period of time I was a regular smoker (couple times a week, when I was in college) I did not have a single, solitary migraine headache. I had had migraines since hitting puberty 3-4 times a week up to that point (that no legal medication seemed to help) and after (again, that no legal medications seemed to be able to treat) ... My migraines are gone now (disappeared when I started menopause recently). But I still have headaches ... :) So ... I still need that medicinal Rx, right?? :)

I can tell you this ... The medications the MDs tried me on (and I lost track a long, long time ago) made it impossible for me to function at all. I felt drugged, was sick to my stomach, had horrible mood swings, man ... I'm telling you, if there was a side effect, I had it. I'd still have my migraine and it would last for days sometimes ... When I smoked a little pot, all it did was make me sleepy. Then I'd lay down, take a little nap and POOF my migraine was gone. AND it didn't take much either ... just a couple of hits ... So, it's not like I was sitting around bogeying the joint all the time ... :rolleyes2

Latest posts

Top Bottom