Looking for a bit of prayer/encouragement.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had a real bad month. I'v had to deal with 3 deaths, two which directly affected me (two were by suicide, both by firearms). It has actually made me starting thinking of a different career field. I have felt lately that God has put it on my heart to counsel those in crisis. So much so that I enrolled into Liberty Universities Bachelor's of Science in Psychology (Crisis Counseling). My first two classes are Bible 104 and Theology 104. The encouragement and prayer are needed due to the fact that these are the first college courses I have EVER taken. I'm actually terrified!....lol. Don't get me wrong being a police officer is an admirable job, but it really does take a toll after years. I really do have a passion for veterans so that is who I would like to counsel. Just some thoughts.....Thanks in advance.

Woody's Janitor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As an addictions counselor, I think of my job as a ministry. It is very stressful and my faith in God helps me continue on the journey. Good luck with the courses and stay focused, one day at a time. If you need to talk, shoot me a pm and I'll give you my phone number.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the tough times. Don't put off professional counseling yourself if you need it; My dad played the tough man card until it almost took his life.

As far as classes, develop a study habit whether it be outlining the professors notes, making an outline from a book, recording lectures, and just figure out what works for you.
I recommend taking a learning style inventory to see whether you're a visual, auditory or graphestetic (learn by touching/doing) learner and then develop study habits towards that. This site may help http://people.usd.edu/~bwjames/tut/learning-style/
Also, don't be afraid to seek out help from the younger whippersnappers at the college as they may have advice on certain professors to avoid or take, copies of old tests, etc.

If you need anything, you have my number!

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I couldn't do what you're doing now or what you're planning to do but the world needs people like you. I'm sorry for your losses and commend you for following the call to server others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My sincerest prayers are with you. You obviously are a man of high standards and admirable integrity. Stay that way please.

Latest posts

Top Bottom