Looking for accurate/reliable

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im not going to tell you which pistol to buy because its totally based on what is good for you but I have two Springfield XDs a 9mm and a 40 cal and if you want to shoot often with the family and friends then buy a 9mm.

I was in the SAME situation when i first joined OSA this past December and jumped on the band wagon and bought the 40 cal. The difference in price of ammo between the two is substantial enough for me to go out and buy a 9mm. My lady sleeps with 9mm on her bed side and the .40 is on mine but when we go to the range the 9mm is the primary shooter because he is friends with my pocket book.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And i have held both the .40 and 9mm rounds in my hands and to be honest the size difference is small. There is a difference but not enough for all the debate or to justify the price difference. If you have a good 9mm hollow point then you have enough expansion (if you are concerned about home defense). If I could do it all over again i would get a 9mm and a .45 and skip the .40 altogether.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If this is a gun just to shoot at the farm for fun look at a 1911, if you will be shooting a lot try and find one chambered in 9mm. I don't know if they fall into your price range but neither do some of the other guns people are recommending haha.

Latest posts

Top Bottom