Looking for place to hunt hogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

operator742

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was told that where I now deer hunt, near Wewoka, there used to be wild hogs. One of the guys in the area told me a family with dogs moved in up the road from him and starting non stop hog hunting with their dogs. He said within a year to a year and a half all the wild hogs in the area were cleaned out and he hasn't seen any since. I know most people that have them are looking to eradicate them, but like so many others I wish I had some to hunt in my area. My dad did tell me he thought he saw a groundhog the other day in the field, his eyes aren't so good but there's some nice long range practice if it's true.
The problem with hogs ,you don't get just a handful, they multiple like crazy,and are very destructive to land and other species,such as baby deer,quail and turkeys.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was told that where I now deer hunt, near Wewoka, there used to be wild hogs. One of the guys in the area told me a family with dogs moved in up the road from him and starting non stop hog hunting with their dogs. He said within a year to a year and a half all the wild hogs in the area were cleaned out and he hasn't seen any since. I know most people that have them are looking to eradicate them, but like so many others I wish I had some to hunt in my area. My dad did tell me he thought he saw a groundhog the other day in the field, his eyes aren't so good but there's some nice long range practice if it's true.

Folks that WANT hogs on their place don't have a clue what they're asking for. Feral pigs are a destructive cancer on the land that need to be eradicated for the good of the environment.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
THIS is why there is NO hog problem. Or ever has been. If there actually was a problem people would let you hunt them. Just saying.

Give me a freaking break!?!:explode: I've seen comments like this one on EVERY SINGLE HUNTING MESSAGE BOARD, and I just have to shake my head every time at how idiotic it is.

operator742

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Give me a freaking break!?!:explode: I've seen comments like this one on EVERY SINGLE HUNTING MESSAGE BOARD, and I just have to shake my head every time at how idiotic it is.
People just don't understand, how hard it is to get complete strangers to let you hunt on their land, and vise versa as a landowner it's hard to trust strangers on your land.

Latest posts

Top Bottom