Looking to purchase a gun safe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CODE_3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hoping to catch a deal on a gun safe on Black Friday. I am looking for at least a 24 gun safe if possible. It will have to be delivered and bolted down so I will need a company who can do that for me. I've looked at a few places online already but I would just like some recommendations.

Calamity Jake

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Make a trip over to Armorvault safes on SE 29 in OKC they can build a safe to your spec's or you can buy ready made.
They deliver/setup, bolt down? I don't know you will have to ask.
I have three of there safes, all bolted together and down.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hmm that's a good question. The do it all companies are likely going to have high end safes and less likely to have Black Friday deals on them (could be wrong though) . I have a couple suggestions for you. Determine the size and features of the safe you want... size, fire rating, waterproof, capacity, shelving, electronic/rotary lock and budget before hand. That way, you you don't settle and regret based solely on a getting a good deal. Speaking from experience.

In my local Atwoods they have safes and they all have a note attached that advertises a local delivery company, do not know if they bolt or not but that is maybe something to check. It's a 3rd part company so you may be able to call and ask if they do that work. Since they are non-affiliated they may be willing to pick up anywhere or maybe even accept you shipping to their address and they deliver and setup if you order online.

Another option if you find a great deal online is just have it shipped to your house then see if you can get a couple OSA members to help with moving it / install. Probably a lot of local people willing to do it for a small fee, case of beer, box of ammo or even free. Hell, if you lived in Tulsa I would be willing to swing by and help out and just ask to pay it forward in some way. Probably could save a lot of money this route even if you do compensate them.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell, if you lived in Tulsa I would be willing to swing by and help out and just ask to pay it forward in some way. Probably could save a lot of money this route even if you do compensate them.

This was my thought. I'd be happy to help someone with a safe if I could manage it. Unfortunately, I'm well out of your area, too.

gregb21

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Canon from tractor supply a few years ago and have been happy with it. Always go a bigger than what you think you need for future purchases. Always check the warranty. My mother in law had a canon that went through the Moore tornado in 2013 and they replaced it at no cost because it sucked the seals out if it. I also moved my 800lbs safe with a couple of friends help and went to Home depot and bought the anchors that they use to secure them and did it all my self. It really isn't that difficult. I am also in Yukon if you wants more help.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also bought bigger than I thought I needed. A 48-gun. I'm already picking up a 2nd smaller one this week, another 24-gun. I also have a locking "gun cabinet" that I just keep ammo in.

You will always run out of room. lol

Bolted mine down by myself, too, with a couple of anchors.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
moving it is not as hard as you would think. I got a cannon from tractor supply. They loaded it on my trailer and my wife and I moved it in. we just used several sections of PVC pipe as rollers under it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom