Lyrica and Ambien

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My nephew's buddy called him at 3;00 in the morning once and asked him to bring him five gallons of gas and some clothes. He had taken an ambien and went to bed and woke up in his truck on I40 out of gas wearing only boxer shorts. He was about three fourths of the way to Ft. Smith from Tahlequah.
It really sucks to not be able to sleep but man, that's a scary side effect.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My nephew's buddy called him at 3;00 in the morning once and asked him to bring him five gallons of gas and some clothes. He had taken an ambien and went to bed and woke up in his truck on I40 out of gas wearing only boxer shorts. He was about three fourths of the way to Ft. Smith from Tahlequah.
It really sucks to not be able to sleep but man, that's a scary side effect.

Dr. prescribed Ambien for my mom while she was in an assisted living center. It made her virtually incoherent. We got her off it and she got back to normal. Several months later we got a call at 2AM in the morning, Mom had tried to attack one of the nurses with a pair of scissors. We soon found out the new med person did not see the order to STOP Ambien and had started giving it to her again. It can be really bad stuff for some people.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep falling asleep. I guess that's good?

I think it eased the pain just enough that my body is saying, hell yeah its time to catch up!

Yeah, if you are really sleep deprived you will fall asleep anywhere and everywhere ... even if I'm not necessarily sleep deprived, if I've been hurting bad it is exhausting. Yesterday GC and I went out to Chandler and then met Gabriel42 at the gun range. Even though I wasn't driving, only shot a couple of mags of ammo, I've paid for it last night and today ... and slept an awful lot ... but then even with meds I was up pacing the hallway last night because I was hurting so bad ...

I've learned that the pain caused by damage to nerves is a lot different than other types of pain.

Even after all this time, when I have a few hours, or if I'm really lucky a whole day, where I'm not feeling some pain it feels so strange to me. Honestly, I feel like a kid when that happens!

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
For this first week I am only taking the Lyrica twice a day. It may be my imagination, but I think it is already helping.

I start taking it three times daily next week, so maybe, just maybe, I will be able to function somewhat close to normal.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I have taken Ambien for around 8 years. Never remembered having a full nights sleep until then. I take 10mg every night and it has been the same the entire time. My body never seemed to get use to it by requiring increased dosage. I will skip a few nights here and there as well to confirm the effectiveness.

I haven't had any of the weird side effects some people claim. One thing that does help with it working properly, don't eat anything a few hours before you take it. Taking it after eating really hampers the effect of getting you to sleep quickly.

My older son took it as well a few years ago. He drank a beer shortly before going to bed and woke up to a cooked breakfast on the table and a shaved head and eye brows. Don't really know what to think of that. He said he dumped the rest of his prescription in the trash and went with something else.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, it's almost time to take another pill. I'm kind of excited.

I can see how these things can become addictive!

I had an ER doc ask me once if I was "drug seeking" ... my doctor's office had sent me to the ER on a Friday afternoon because the doctor wasn't in and I was having a cluster headache. I told him I damned sure was and if he had a headache like mine he'd be "drug seeking" too ... :grumble:

I understand that they have problems with some folks but when your own doctor's PA sends you in, your blood pressure and pulse are through the roof and you are pacing the floor like a condemned convict headed for the chair, I would think it would be obvious to even a 1st year med student you need some help ...

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an ER doc ask me once if I was "drug seeking" ... my doctor's office had sent me to the ER on a Friday afternoon because the doctor wasn't in and I was having a cluster headache. I told him I damned sure was and if he had a headache like mine he'd be "drug seeking" too ... :grumble:

I understand that they have problems with some folks but when your own doctor's PA sends you in, your blood pressure and pulse are through the roof and you are pacing the floor like a condemned convict headed for the chair, I would think it would be obvious to even a 1st year med student you need some help ...

Been there with the headaches, they suck. For some reason your post made me think of one of my favorite Jerry Clower lines.

"Just shoot up in here amongst us, one of has got to have some relief"

Latest posts

Top Bottom