Lyrica and Ambien

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been there with the headaches, they suck. For some reason your post made me think of one of my favorite Jerry Clower lines.

"Just shoot up in here amongst us, one of has got to have some relief"

:rotflmao: I'd not heard that but it's funny!!

I've only wound up in the ER a couple of times but poor GC ... he HATES it when that happens. I get kinda testy when I hurt ... yeah ... :lookaroun Let's go with "testy" ... The ER is truly my LAST resort. If I'm there it's because I am hurting so bad I'm on the verge of making human sacrifices because nothing else has worked. :grumble: I could understand them being cautious with me if they knew me on a first name basis ... but they don't even know me on a last name basis ... :grumble:

My absolute favorite was the nurse that was flirting with GC while I was puking into a trash can because the lights had just pushed my headaches completely over the edge ... That woman is probably still in therapy ... lol THEN St. Anthony's had the gall to send me a "customer satisfaction survey" after that visit ... :rollingla That was the same visit that the doctor asked me about a dozen times over the course of an hour what I thought was wrong with me. I finally snapped and told him he was the ****ing doctor, not me ... Bastard finally gave me some Demerol and sent me home after that ... God I hate hospitals ... :grumble:

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol at the satisfaction survey.
Short version, assuming you are familiar with Jerry Clower. It was a coon hunting story and someone decided it would be a good idea to climb a tree to jump a treed coon out. Coon of course does what coons do when cornered, guy in the tree starts screaming "shoot this thang" and his buddy says he might shoot him by accident and you know the rest.
I gotta see if I can find it on the interweb now.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol at the satisfaction survey.
Short version, assuming you are familiar with Jerry Clower. It was a coon hunting story and someone decided it would be a good idea to climb a tree to jump a treed coon out. Coon of course does what coons do when cornered, guy in the tree starts screaming "shoot this thang" and his buddy says he might shoot him by accident and you know the rest.
I gotta see if I can find it on the interweb now.

Ahhhh ... THAT is funny! I'ma off to Youtube!! LOL (And we are in so much trouble because we have contributed substantially to "thread wander" ... :lookaroun

Hey, Old Phart ... I'm glad it looks like you won't have to fool around with that Ambien. :wink2:

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be very careful with the ambien. I took it when I first got out of law school. I stopped when I saw a giant caterpillar crawling along the top of my bedroom wall.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be very careful with the ambien. I took it when I first got out of law school. I stopped when I saw a giant caterpillar crawling along the top of my bedroom wall.

LOL ... are you serious??!?!?! I guess we are lucky. It doesn't do anything to GC ... except make him sleep ... and make him VERY agreeable to anything I say ... :naughty: It's a good thing for him I love him or I could have some REAL fun with that ... :fallangel :rotflmao:

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

jeeze, hope you were using some kind of frangible defense ammo, you did shoot the crap out of the caterpiller right?

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Well, after taking the Lyrica for five days, the pain is still the same, but now I am sleepy all the time!

So far I am getting the side effects but not the advertised benefits.

I guess it might take some more time to start helping with the pain.

I also have circulation problems so some of the pain is probably caused by that, and the Lyrica won't help with that, more than likely.

This sucks!

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, after taking the Lyrica for five days, the pain is still the same, but now I am sleepy all the time!

So far I am getting the side effects but not the advertised benefits.

I guess it might take some more time to start helping with the pain.

I also have circulation problems so some of the pain is probably caused by that, and the Lyrica won't help with that, more than likely.

This sucks!

Lyrica is one of those meds that takes sometime before it really starts working. It's gotta build up in the system. Even then sometimes they just don't work for some people. Give it 30 days and if you don't feel like it's helping then don't be afraid to tell the doc it ain't working.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Lyrica is one of those meds that takes sometime before it really starts working. It's gotta build up in the system. Even then sometimes they just don't work for some people. Give it 30 days and if you don't feel like it's helping then don't be afraid to tell the doc it ain't working.

Thanks yj.

That's pretty much the plan. I just didn't expect to experience some of the side effects but no relief yet.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
I just got a call from the clinic I go to, and my blood test confirmed I also have gout, which I suspected.

So I have nueropathy, low blood flow, and gout all contributing to my foot pain.

More meds, woohoo! That makes seven prescriptions now!

Latest posts

Top Bottom