M1-A Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a decent deal on a SOCOM 16 about two yrs. ago, and sold it off after three trips to the rifle range. Established a zero on the iron sights at 25 yds. Then attempted to refine it at 100yds, then check the point-of-impact using six-o-clock hold on the bull at 200 yds. Tried firing off a concrete bench using store bought rifle rests and from prone position with a loop sling. Using the same technique that scores expert at the reduced range High Power rifle matches, when firing my Rock River Arms NM LAR-15, chambered for 5.56MM. Groups were abysmal from a competitors viewpoint. I hear the tactical sights, like Aimpoint COMP ML2 and such, do better. An old Master class competitor looked at it and immediately noticed the loose rear aperture and assured me it would never shoot good. I decided the close ranges that it would shoot adequately at are identical to the distances my Arsenal SA M-7 (AK-47 type) carbine was effective at. 7.62X39MM ammo being WAY cheaper and the maintenance being much easier helped me make my choice. HTH.

Latest posts

Top Bottom