M1 Garand / M1A / M-14 Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would say so! What's the story so far?

My father's health is deteriorating quickly and it was his duty rifle with Brecksville PD in Ohio back before AR's were all the rage. After it was his he gave it a SWAT cop friend who used it until AR's caught on and then the guy gave it back to my father and it has sat idle in his safe pretty much ever since. When I head home for Christmas I will be bringing it back with me along with his mags, ammo, and anything else he's got for it.

I haven't seen it yet so I have no clue on the condition, if its in wood or syn stock, etc. For all I know it might not even be a carbine, it might be an M1A but he said its chambered in .30 carbine sooo, yeah probably an M1 carbine.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My father's health is deteriorating quickly and it was his duty rifle with Brecksville PD in Ohio back before AR's were all the rage. After it was his he gave it a SWAT cop friend who used it until AR's caught on and then the guy gave it back to my father and it has sat idle in his safe pretty much ever since. When I head home for Christmas I will be bringing it back with me along with his mags, ammo, and anything else he's got for it.

I haven't seen it yet so I have no clue on the condition, if its in wood or syn stock, etc. For all I know it might not even be a carbine, it might be an M1A but he said its chambered in .30 carbine sooo, yeah probably an M1 carbine.

I was sorry to hear the story in the other thread. I hope that situation works out well. As for the rifle, M1 Carbines were a common sight in police departments through the late 1950s to 1970s; many survived without modifications, but others were altered to suit the specific needs of a department. So if your dad says it's chambered in .30 Carbine, I'd believe it's a M1 Carbine. Please post pics once you have it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom