M4: Colt vs. BCM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M4: COLT or BCM?

• Colt

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • BCM

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But seriously, Op you really can't go wrong with either. I remember in '08 colts were selling for $1500. There are rumors their QC was dipped but I don't know if I'd believe everything I read on the Internet. BCM's are solid. I own two uppers and a lower and have never had a problem. But I never had a problem with my bushmaster patrolmans carbine either (except for wolf ammo). BCM lowers are absurdly expensive IMO. You could save some money by getting a different less expensive lower but if you're like me, I like everything to match. Same brands. IMO you can't really go wrong with either. But I still lean torwards BCM.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh and definitely midlength over carbine. A little softer recoil and easier to shoot for me because of the longer grip out front to control the muzzle and same reliability as a carbine. Later you can chop the FSB and add a Troy 13" TRX extreme and battlecomp and we can be best friends.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
+1 for a longer handguard (longer the gas block/tube). But I prefer carbine legnth because it puts the gas block behind and away from my hand when firing. I like to C-clamp the end of my handguard and it's a big issues if the gas block is buring the **** out of my support hand.

But as far as the choices you have listed. I would go BCM no doubt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom