M4: Colt vs. BCM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M4: COLT or BCM?

• Colt

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • BCM

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm new to the M4 market, but would like to pick one up with iron sights for around $1,000.

After doing some research on the carbine forum and looking at several M4 comparison charts, it looks like its between Colt and BCM. My brother bought a Colt 6920 recently and I got a chance to shoot it over the 2011 holidays. Loved it. Worth the extra scratch compared to the S&W, IMO.

I'm leaning heavily toward the Colt, since they make the exact model I'm looking for: the Colt 5.56 LE6920 MP-FDE. It has iron sights installed and is ready to shoot out of the box. Plus, I love the FDE look. If they had OD, it would be even better, but FDE is very cool.

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_20Dos_ColtLE6920FDE.jpg

Colt 5.56 LE6920 MP-FDE

I like the fact that BCMs come with a lifetime warranty, but most of their guns don't even come with sights. The guns are already pricier than the Colt and adding good Troy sights will add hundreds to the entrance fee. The BCM E.A.G. Tactical Carbine is an M4 wet dream and at 2K, it's going to stay a dream for me. Purdy gun.

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_20Dos_BCMTacticalCarbine.jpg

BCM E.A.G. Tactical Carbine

Which do you guys prefer? The Colt or BCM? Don't say Bushmaster. I keel you.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out of Colt or BCM, I'd choose BCM. However, I'd strongly recommend Loki. Unless you're going for a 14.5 upper, I would recommend getting a midlength gas for a 16" rifle. It'll shoot softer and it's not going to over gas your rifle and pound your rifle hard like a carbine length gas on a 16" upper would. That's one of the biggest reasons to go with BCM or Loki, since mid-lengths are pretty much standard on their 16" uppers. Loki has the added benefit of having nitrided barrels, which I prefer over chrome lined.

I'm also a bit biased against Colt since they've pretty much poo'd on the civvie market. They stopped innovating and stopped progressing as a company. Now that the government milk has started to dry up, they've decided to try and jump back into the private market again.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out of Colt or BCM, I'd choose BCM. However, I'd strongly recommend Loki. Unless you're going for a 14.5 upper, I would recommend getting a midlength gas for a 16" rifle. It'll shoot softer and it's not going to over gas your rifle and pound your rifle hard like a carbine length gas on a 16" upper would. That's one of the biggest reasons to go with BCM or Loki, since mid-lengths are pretty much standard on their 16" uppers. Loki has the added benefit of having nitrided barrels, which I prefer over chrome lined.

I'm also a bit biased against Colt since they've pretty much poo'd on the civvie market. They stopped innovating and stopped progressing as a company. Now that the government milk has started to dry up, they've decided to try and jump back into the private market again.

This.

16" BCM midlength $419
Magpul midlength moe $35
Magpul BUIS $58
BCG & charging handle $172

Bcm Upper $684
Bcm Lower $380
Total $1,064

Latest posts

Top Bottom