Made some upgrades to the MKIII tonight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Installed the Volquartsen drop in Accurizing Kit in my Ruger MKIII Hunter tonight as well as added a set of Herrett Nationals Target grips. The trigger pull is amazing and with the new grips that thing is rock soild steady. Ill be trying it out tomorrow night at the 22 bullseye match at Heartland I cant wait to see how much better she shoots.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For convience go get a Majestic Arms Speed Strip Kit. Makes cleaning 1000 times better.

I dont like the look of the allen head bolt on the top of the slide plus once you have stripped it down a few times and figure everything out its pretty easy to do with the factory mainspring housing

awesome man! got any pics? i have been thinking of getting into bullseye and have been looking at the Mark III.

Ill try to get some pics up tonight

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
awesome man! got any pics? i have been thinking of getting into bullseye and have been looking at the Mark III.

You should come check out the bullseye match tonight at Heartland in Edmond. We start around 6pm. If you dont have a .22 Im sure someone will have an extra one if not Heartland may even have a rental .22 Im not sure.

Young Guns

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should come check out the bullseye match tonight at Heartland in Edmond. We start around 6pm. If you dont have a .22 Im sure someone will have an extra one if not Heartland may even have a rental .22 Im not sure.

I would absolutely love to, but I have to work tonight. I'm hoping to be able to get to one soon. I'm really looking forward to talking to some of the shooters and getting some more info on which types of 1911's to start out with.

OkieIron

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Installed the Volquartsen drop in Accurizing Kit in my Ruger MKIII Hunter tonight as well as added a set of Herrett Nationals Target grips. The trigger pull is amazing and with the new grips that thing is rock soild steady. Ill be trying it out tomorrow night at the 22 bullseye match at Heartland I cant wait to see how much better she shoots.

How hard was it to install the trigger kit? I've been thinking about upgrading my markIII512 target. Anything I should watch out for?

okmoto

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ditto. Field stripping the stock version isn't hard, once you've learned how, but the Majestic kit does decrease wear, and is just soooo much easier when combined with a pull-through cleaning system.

I'm stripping mine this weekend and not looking forward to it. First time to do it, hope I can get it back together

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How hard was it to install the trigger kit? I've been thinking about upgrading my markIII512 target. Anything I should watch out for?

Well I ran into some problems. It seems that the hammer and sear are not resetting( not sure if thats the proper terminology) every time. Im going to email Volquartsen tomorrow and see if they can point me in the right direction. The kit seemed very easy to install so I could have made a simple mistake. I will post up my findings

Latest posts

Top Bottom