Made some upgrades to the MKIII tonight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieIron

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I ran into some problems. It seems that the hammer and sear are not resetting( not sure if thats the proper terminology) every time. Im going to email Volquartsen tomorrow and see if they can point me in the right direction. The kit seemed very easy to install so I could have made a simple mistake. I will post up my findings

Not if it will help, but I remember reading online (can't remember where) that the hammer in the kit was giving guys problems and maybe the ruger hammer will work better. Or they had to modify the kit hammer.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Truely, it is your loss.

Sorry but I disagree. For one I only take mine down every 1000rds or so if that often, I clean the feed ramp when I have loading problems other than that I shoot the hell out of it. And once someone figures out the tick to it, it really isnt that much faster. Look how long that design has been in production,since 1949 with the ruger standard. If it was that big of a problem then they would have changed it.

Comte DeLoach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry but I disagree. For one I only take mine down every 1000rds or so if that often, I clean the feed ramp when I have loading problems other than that I shoot the hell out of it. And once someone figures out the tick to it, it really isnt that much faster. Look how long that design has been in production,since 1949 with the ruger standard. If it was that big of a problem then they would have changed it.

Dont know why Ruger didnt give Majestic Arms a boat load of money to put this system on thier pistols standard, but it is a far better take down system than Ruger uses. Just because something is old doesnt mean a better system cant be designed and implimented....

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Volquartsen got ahold of me today and told me if I would send the frame to them they would fit a new sear to my pistol for free. Im glad cause this thing was driving my crazy, I was upset and got alittle carried away and now Im going to have to have the receiver refinished:oops3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom