Magazine Restrictions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a story that I just read. It really is sickening the stuff that is said in it. I love the so called poll that they did where an overwhelming majority favors magazine restrictions. It is stories like this that do us damage. It gives a false notion that pro gun people are in strong favor of gun restrictions. Here is the story. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/19/u...y-gun-magazines.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0 I really feel that in the end we are going to lose some rights. And we cannot give in to anything. If we let them pass even one thing they will never let up. They will not stop until they erode every right we have away. Of course I know that this is one of the most liberal news outlets but still.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife's family has several big-time hunters that are againt hi cap mags and those evil assault rifles. And they are born and raised Okies

I just had a conversation with someone who owns several guns and suppressors and he said "You know, we both might feel differently (about gun control) if it was one of our kids at Sandy Hook"...

That honestly shocked me. I guess capitalizing on the emotional impact of a sad story is working for the anti-gun population more than I thought. There is a huge pro-gun movement that is sort of spreading around pop-culture (based on facts/logic), but I've heard more and more emotions>logic arguments lately from supposed gun-folks that honestly surprised the hell out of me.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We cannot lose rights; they may be infringed upon but our rights are not granted to us by any person or government.
agreed. But either way I think something is going to be taken away and there won't be enough people to stand up and say no. People need to realize that the government will not stop until the 2A is gone. Not one millimeter can be given, or we might as well give up.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just had a conversation with someone who owns several guns and suppressors and he said "You know, we both might feel differently (about gun control) if it was one of our kids at Sandy Hook"...

That honestly shocked me. I guess capitalizing on the emotional impact of a sad story is working for the anti-gun population more than I thought. There is a huge pro-gun movement that is sort of spreading around pop-culture (based on facts/logic), but I've heard more and more emotions>logic arguments lately from supposed gun-folks that honestly surprised the hell out of me.

My late mother used to say that to me all the time. When something horrible with guns would happen, she would go on about how she thought all guns should be banned, and when I'd dare to disagree, her response would be to the effect that,"Boy, you'd feel different if one of those people was Megan" Megan is my niece. When I'd say "No, I'd feel the same way", she'd look at me as if I were some kind of monster.

That is akin to saying that the only opinions that count on gun issues, are those of victims of gun violence and I believe that there was a thread on that topic started on this forum not too long ago.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My late mother used to say that to me all the time. When something horrible with guns would happen, she would go on about how she thought all guns should be banned, and when I'd dare to disagree, her response would be to the effect that,"Boy, you'd feel different if one of those people was Megan" Megan is my niece. When I'd say "No, I'd feel the same way", she'd look at me as if I were some kind of monster.

That is akin to saying that the only opinions that count on gun issues, are those of victims of gun violence and I believe that there was a thread on that topic started on this forum not too long ago.

Yeah, but part of that is the logical fallacy that depends on two things:

1. Guns actually are responsible for the crimes

2. Getting rid of guns will solve these types of problems

Once you prove why neither are true, the folks with actual common sense will understand where you're coming from. The problem are those that refuse to acknowledge facts or logic and continue with the "yeah but(s)" until it's clear that they believe something and are trying to scrape together facts to support their belief (instead of the other way around - looking at facts for form an opinion or belief).

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I don't know what I would say, think or feel if one of my kids was murdered. I pretty much know one thing though. One way or another I probably wouldn't be in my right mind the rest of my life.

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife's family has several big-time hunters that are againt hi cap mags and those evil assault rifles. And they are born and raised Okies

They have every right to their opinion.
The first amendment gives them the right to voice any opinion.

The second amendment gives me the right to ignore their opinions about what firearms I should be allowed to own.

As long as everyone is mindful of their neighbors rights we all get along peacefully even though we don't agree.

Someone once put it.
Your right to swing your fist ends at the tip of my nose.

Latest posts

Top Bottom