Major Data Breach Integris Health

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just so you guys know -- you have to freeze your credit at each of the 3 agencies separately. There isn't any way to do them altogether.

Even though we haven't gotten any emails that our info has been compromised, I've frozen our info. Better safe than sorry and I'm getting too old for this ****. Besides, it's not like we are opening any credit cards or borrowing money at this point in our lives anyway. I'm a firm believer in if you don't have the cash to pay for it you do not need it. 🤷

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This truly PMO to no end. They want my photo, they want my wife's photo, they want addresses, social security numbers, a scanned copy of my driver's license. They are despicable. 1 stop shopping for ID theft, not to mention your medical data and insurance info. Wonder if they got checking account info too.
Also, they ask if you have a gun at home.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Equifax
Online: Security Freeze | Freeze or Unfreeze Your Credit | Equifax®
By phone: 800-685-1111
By Mail: Equifax Security Freeze
PO Box 105788, Atlanta, Georgia 30348-5788

Experian
Online: Freeze or Unfreeze Your Credit File for Free - Experian
By phone: 888-397-3742
By Mail: Experian Security Freeze
PO Box 9554, Allen, TX 75013

TransUnion
Online: https://service.transunion.com/dss/orderStep1_form.page
By Phone: 888-909-8872
By Mail: TransUnion LLC
PO Box 2000, Chester, PA 19016

Innovis
Online: Add or Manage a Security Freeze | Innovis
By Phone: 800-540-2505
By Mail: Innovis Consumer Assistance
PO Box 26, Pittsburgh, PA, 15230-0026
https://www.innovis.com/assets/InnovisSecurityFreezeRequest-110141767716e41ac7d862e221ac5831.pdf
Chex
Online: https://www.chexsystems.com/web/chexsystems/consumerdebit/page/securityfreeze/placefreeze/
By Phone: 800-887-7652
By Mail: Chex Systems, Inc. Attn: Security Freeze Department
7805 Hudson Road, Suite 100, Woodbury, MN 55125

Russ IT Guy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This I can understand.

This, I cannot understand. This is unbelievably stupid. We have an XP system or two and a bunch of Windows 7 systems, but they are absolutely not connected to the Internet.
The problem is not so much the workstations that are offline only devices that cause the issue, its usually the ones sitting behind a desk with access to both the internet and the servers with sensitive data on them that cause the breaches. One wrong click on an email or web link and it's on like donkey Kong. The other part is when these medical companies purchase a piece of medical record software that allows patients to access it from the internet, this is a major issue when they refuse to pay for the updates to keep it secure. Like buying a car and expecting to never have to change tires or oil.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if it's inside jobs. These tech people move from company to company. Had issue with Best Buy two years ago.
More likely just a inattentive employee who opens up a suspicious email and clicks a link to spyware/malware.

Or some end-of-life server OS that was never upgraded/replaced so it was vulnerable to security attacks.

Russ IT Guy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
More likely just a inattentive employee who opens up a suspicious email and clicks a link to spyware/malware.

Or some end-of-life server OS that was never upgraded/replaced so it was vulnerable to security attacks.
80 percent of it I'd say is outdated equipment on the edge of their networks meaning their firewalls, lately there has been such a flood of zero day attacks that it's hard to believe the manufacturers aren't doing this intentionally. An insider attack in the IT field wouldn't be as likely because of how much the IT community talks. You would be black balled quick after one suspected incident.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about almost every time you call CS it connects you to some place in BFE, India telling the person that barely speaks English all of your personal and account information? I'm sure it's not that since a lot of my spam emails are from a rich Indian prince relative that left me money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom